What's new
I wonder how many requests we're at? The CPS1 is my all time favorite board set. I wish They made a cabaret or something small for this board system. Smaller machines has been my fascination lately.

The multi replaces the B and C boards, correct? That being the case, what type of connection is used for the kick harness? The CPS1 or CPS2 connector?

I currently only have wiring for CPS2, so was curious if I should go ahead and pick up a CPS1->2 kick harness adapter.

The multi replaces the B and C boards, correct? That being the case, what type of connection is used for the kick harness? The CPS1 or CPS2 connector?

I currently only have wiring for CPS2, so was curious if I should go ahead and pick up a CPS1->2 kick harness adapter.
Pretty sure it's CPS1

:D

Last edited:
I have not seen a jnx cps2 to cps1 adaptor in a while and not available on his site to purchase either

Am 99.9999999% sure that you need a CPS-1 kick harness for the CPS-1 multi.
Ah but remember... Darksoft has said the multi will replace both the B and C boards (C is where the CPS1 connector is located).
How do you know DS won't just include a CPS2 style connector on his multiboard (would make more sense don't you think)?

He is already going to be including something with that original C board gone, so I mean why would you pick the less common CPS1 style?
Also they have stated support for Forgotten World's spinners (another input style/connector the multiboard will need/use).
I have not seen a jnx cps2 to cps1 adaptor in a while and not available on his site to purchase either
You got to see mine yesterday ;)
It is sad that you can't get these on his site anymore (hopefully they come back).
mn7m99z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Am 99.9999999% sure that you need a CPS-1 kick harness for the CPS-1 multi.
Ah but remember... Darksoft has said the multi will replace both the B and C boards (C is where the CPS1 connector is located). How do you know DS won't just include a CPS2 style connector on his multiboard (would make more sense don't you think)?
Actually, no it doesn't make sense. It's CPS-1 hardware!

Also, not trying to go down a rabbit hole or have a discussion as to why this is a good or bad decision @jassin000. Let's just leave it up to @Apocalypse or @Darksoft to confirm the finer details when they're ready ;)

Dunno if the list is still being updated at this point, but I definitely want to throw my hat into the ring for one of these.

It's looking more and more likely that this is the only way I'll be able to have 1941 playable on my vertical set up. I'm also wondering if Undamned's Infinikey is still in the works (he hasn't updated for a long time), so this may be the only way to play some of my failing CPS1 B+C boards.

Last edited:

I bought a CPS1->CPS2 adapter from this nice guy called @Lemony Vengeance :D :thumbup:

Dunno if the list is still being updated at this point, but I definitely want to throw my hat into the ring for one of these.

It's looking more and more likely that this is the only way I'll be able to have 1941 playable on my vertical set up. I'm also wondering if Undamned's Infinikey is still in the works (he hasn't updated for a long time), so this may be the only way to play some of my failing CPS1 B+C boards.
I believe it's still in the works but he lost a shipment of UD-USB adapters and replacing those took priority.

If you have suicided boards you can revive them using an Arduino/battery until InfiniKey is available, if your B and C boards are actually faulty then yes the multi will be a good option.

I believe it's still in the works but he lost a shipment of UD-USB adapters and replacing those took priority.

If you have suicided boards you can revive them using an Arduino/battery until InfiniKey is available, if your B and C boards are actually faulty then yes the multi will be a good option.
Yeah, that's what I saw. Pretty rough on him, I'm sure!

Mine are all bad C boards, as far as I can tell. A Willow for a (very patient - I've had it for 6 months for repair) local collector, and a couple boards that appear to have de-suicided ROMS but the symptoms of failing c-boards.

I would like to get on the list

Sorry I am so late to the party
:)

I just dug my cps1 board out of storage.

I would love the opportunity to have a multi kit, as it's currently a sf2ce hacked rainbow ed.. Not even sure what that supposed to be.

Please add me to the list, thanks!

Back