What's new
Very soon.
Okay, parts of my body may have moved upon reading that.
68c6b038d2c3924e79c9666b25cadfef45484d531e81fcbcedb4ef6d7f981535.jpg

This was probably answered 30 pages ago, so when load up something like the Punisher on my SF2WW board, the only modification would be a faster crystal?

so when load up something like the Punisher on my SF2WW board, the only modification would be a faster crystal?
Punisher is CPS1.5 (not CPS1)...
@Darksoft has NOT announced 1.5 support with this multi, however even if he dose support it the A-board used would need the Q-Sound module (like all CPS1.5 games do).
So long story short unless they are including Q-Sound support (somehow) at the B-board level, you won't be playing Punisher on a CPS1 A-board (10mhz or 12mhz crystal regardless).

Punisher is CPS1.5 (not CPS1)...@Darksoft has NOT announced 1.5 support with this multi, however even if he dose support it the A-board used would need the Q-Sound module (like all CPS1.5 games do).
So long story short unless they are including Q-Sound support (somehow) at the B-board level, you won't be playing Punisher on a CPS1 A-board (10mhz or 12mhz crystal regardless).
Incorrect, Q-sound module isn't on the A board but on the D-board (or should it be named C-board?).
However A-boards for Q-sound games are lacking the audio part, not sure it means using a standard A-board would be an issue (confict?).

Its basically what @Apocalypse said.

I confirm that the PCB of the multi has support for Qsound and cps1.5 games and has Injection keys for the B-21. You will be able to either solder your own B-21 on the board or plug any battery based C board with a B-21. It will have the plugs that the 90631C-5 PCB has already integrated. You can use that one or also the 92641C-1.

I confirm that the PCB of the multi has support for Qsound and cps1.5 games and has Injection keys for the B-21. You will be able to either solder your own B-21 on the board or plug any battery based C board with a B-21. It will have the plugs that the 90631C-5 PCB has already integrated. You can use that one or also the 92641C-1.
With this i will have the chance to play Cadillacs & Dinosaurs

CRAZY news @Darksoft, wow!

Will you have B-21 chips available by chance?

Oh yes! Finally I'll get to play some Cadillacs :D

The PCB allows for you to use your own B-21 plugged on the multi, like you do with the original and also to solder your own B-21. I have a good stock, but they will be sold as an option. You should have a working B-21 in a battery based C board.

The PCB allows for you to use your own B-21 plugged on the multi, like you do with the original and also to solder your own B-21. I have a good stock, but they will be sold as an option. You should have a working B-21 in a battery based C board.
will they also be available with the B-21 pre installed? If so, sign me up ;)

That sounds awesome, C&D is great and I'm glad more people will get to play it now!

I'm not clear what the B-21 is, is that a chip or board? I have all of the CPS1.5 games, except MB Duo, but 1 with dead battery and 2 phoenixed. I was going to try to convert the dead one to the multi or one of the phoenixed ones. Will this fit inside the CPS1.5 plastic shell when all said and done?

Hell yeah, this is why I sold my CPS1.5 "multi" quite some time ago, nice work DS! :D

There is also another battery backed C board: 90630C-4 used in three wonders. It is rarer to see, thought, as it is only used in that game.

That sounds awesome, C&D is great and I'm glad more people will get to play it now!
I'm not clear what the B-21 is, is that a chip or board? I have all of the CPS1.5 games, except MB Duo, but 1 with dead battery and 2 phoenixed. I was going to try to convert the dead one to the multi or one of the phoenixed ones. Will this fit inside the CPS1.5 plastic shell when all said and done?
"B-21" refers to a specific version of the graphics chip on the C board of CPS1 games. There were a few different versions, all were prone to failure. This is one of the reasons why you see so many boards with corrupt graphics, and why there are efforts to create "universal" boards from lydz and the Infinikey from Undamned.

There was a large cache of these chips found in the last few years that sparked a lot of discussion about reproducing boards. If I understand correctly, the B-21 is considered "universal" or near-universal for the games that use other B-XX revisions. Personally, I've fixed two board with lydz universal B-21 boards. One needed roms patched though.

As with anything, the best way to get information on the internet is to first post INCORRECT information, so be sure to follow the replies to this post :D

There is also another battery backed C board: 90630C-4 used in three wonders. It is rarer to see, thought, as it is only used in that game.
If that PCB is battery based and has a B-21, then yes. If it's not battery based, you can desolder the B-21 and solder it on the multi PCB.

Back