What's new

playero

Student
Reaction score
@playero

From that picture (a bit blurry sorry), it seems that digital inputs are taken from the edge connector:

1627891625120.png

There are many spare inputs on S16B, maybe SDI uses them after all and not the conventional joystick inputs.

Thanks!

Finally, I played SEGA SDI (Strategic Defense Initiative) game with Trackball Controller, properly!

I tested every pins of SEGA System 16 Edge connector.

SEGA SDI pinout is different with other SEGA System 16 games,
So you need make a specific JAMMA converter to play this game refer to Pinout.

-Parts
16 1p Down
17 1p Up
18 1p Right
19 1p Left
20 1p Coin
21 2p Coin
22 test
23 service

-Soldiers
16 2p Down
17 2p Up
18 2p Right
19 2p Left
20 1p Start
21 2p Start

22 1p Shot
23 2p Shot

Let's play now!!

View: https://youtu.be/-Npa3OqVrvA

Goros_lair

Student
Reaction score
I bought a small stock from Japan, reasonnably priced, they still have them in stock but they won't sell to foreigners so you'll need to find someone local to place the order.

The OG ones are square and fitter.
Hey If you have 3 of the µPD4701AC that you can spare let me know I was really hoping to get one of these io boards going for my sonic

A

Apocalypse

@Goros_lair I definitely have spares but everything is packed up for out next house move.
Are they that difficult to source today?

Goros_lair

Student
Reaction score
@Goros_lair I definitely have spares but everything is packed up for out next house move.
Are they that difficult to source today?
I haven’t been able to find any but I may not be looking in the right spots . Still waiting to see if I can get one of these io boards to use it with but I figured it would be good to try and secure a couple just so I have them ready