What's new
I used 510ohm as it's only for the LED, so small variance should be fine. Mine came in an 0805 sample book, so that kept the price down for sure. Buying scratch, I didn't know 500 would be pricey. lol.
This is a great tip. The most inexpensive 500Ω 0805 resistor on Digikey is $2.94.

This 510Ω 0805 resistor is $0.10: RT0805FRE07510RL
Correct, you do need the pin headers. 2 of them are provided on the Mini (well mine did anyways). You got the 2-pin header listed and will need 2 of those. And one more 6 pin header for the top row (nearest DB15 connector on the PCB). 5 pin header for programming is optional depending on how you want to program the mini. I assembled everything and programmed it through that header and worked fine.
Another great tip.

I had to make an order from Tayda Electronics for other stuff that is only available there, so was able to swoop up the DB15 and LED's from there. I have dupont male/female cables so hoping that can program everything correctly.
That CKN10388CT-ND should be considered optional only cause you have to remove the reset switch from the Mini anyways to fit the USB Host Shield on top unless you actually can buy a mini without the switch. I transplanted the switch from the mini to the PCB and was told this was intended.
And yet another great tip. You are 3/3 and got the hat trick.

I also remixed the original case as it didn't fit the BOM I bought so if the original fitment is an issue, this new case may help. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5804175
I am just using this for a small footprint test bench setup. It doesn't have to look nice; just functional. Great effort however. It doesn't go unnoticed.

New batch for USB2DB15 is open!

PRE-ORDER topic HERE!

Ko-fi store: https://ko-fi.com/s/b6c3d01043

1675916047920.png

Attachments

• 1675915885015.png
    1675915885015.png
    379.2 KB · Views: 44
Does this support the new 8bitdo neogeo controllers? They won't work on UD boards currently.

Does this support the new 8bitdo neogeo controllers? They won't work on UD boards currently.
Hey, since 8bitdo controller has a really messy HID driver, we have issues to make 8bitdo controllers work on USB2DB15, that's why we don't have native suport for 2.4Ghz controllers, like M30 and the new NEOGEO controoler. That's why we are working on a new firmware implementation to make these controllers work, with @Nearlylogical as our main coder. We just don't know when it will me ready.

Hey, since 8bitdo controller has a really messy HID driver, we have issues to make 8bitdo controllers work on USB2DB15, that's why we don't have native suport for 2.4Ghz controllers, like M30 and the new NEOGEO controoler. That's why we are working on a new firmware implementation to make these controllers work, with @Nearlylogical as our main coder. We just don't know when it will me ready.
I figured that was the case. That's awesome news it is being addressed! When that gets implemented I'll definitely be snatching one up. Thank you for responding!

I figured that was the case. That's awesome news it is being addressed! When that gets implemented I'll definitely be snatching one up. Thank you for responding!
I've got a workaround for this temporary snag. You could try using the Brook Wingman XB2 adapter alongside a USB2DB15. The cool thing about the Brook Wingman XB2 is that it supports 8Bitdo controllers and will soon hook up with Neo Geo too. This combo might just broaden the types of devices or connections you can use.

I've got a workaround for this temporary snag. You could try using the Brook Wingman XB2 adapter alongside a USB2DB15. The cool thing about the Brook Wingman XB2 is that it supports 8Bitdo controllers and will soon hook up with Neo Geo too. This combo might just broaden the types of devices or connections you can use.
I appreciate the suggestion! I have a few of those for various consoles and they do their job for sure. At the same I really don't want to chain adapters together. I was looking for a simple solution this would require 3 adapters in place and extend out quite a bit from the supergun. It's just a lot sticking out from the pcb jamma connector.

Back