What's new

DracoBlade

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey all!

New here but a long time lurker! Wondering if you experts could help me out!

I’ve recently come into possession of a PGM mobo and have been enjoying it but I keep encountering scanning (or some other issue?) problems where the display on my PVM is not filling the entire screen. I’m 95% sure this is a CRT underscanning issue but just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this with PGM’s in the past before I begrudgingly dive into my PVM’s service menu. I’m surprised as this is the first ever system I’ve encountered with such dramatic scanning issues. I’ve thrown literally every console at it and a good variety of neogeo games but haven’t had this issue in the past.

NOTE: not sure if important but I’ve also been encountering WILD voltage drops from my supergun which can’t seem to hold a charge above 4.8v (usually hovers 4.5-4.6v) and can’t even boot certain higher MB or later PGM releases like martial masters :( thinking I need a new superguns as well (this mak strike frankly borked after month three in general when pins for player one stopped working). If ya’ll have recommendations for guaranteed function with PGM would love to hear em too (already have a CMVS so don’t really need a heavy duty supergun for other PCBs).

Setup:
PGM MOBO>Mak Strike Supergun>SCART OUT>GSCART SWITCH>SCART>BNC> SONY PVM 14n6u

Video

Looks like you need to increase the screen width, some game boards display narrower than others CPS3 springs to mind.

Back