What's new

raidenmaniac1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was playing Powered Gear and noticed something weird with autofire settings. If you set Button 1 and 2 to autofire (via autofire PCB or if your supergun already supports it ) then you pretty much become invincible. pressing B1 and B2 simultaneously releases the super attack BUT your energy bar does not deplete when you hit enemies (as it normally does w/o autofire turned on). I can not reproduce this on MAME so I am wondering if this is specific to the Avalaunch's dump or the kit itself?

That could be a "game engine" bug. As in the game is not supposed to be played with autofire (no sane arcade operator would fit such a thing on their cabs).

You can't reproduce it on mame but mame isn't a real 68000 and even in the source code of the CPS2 driver they admit it doesn't run exactly the same way as the real hardware do. That could be why you can trigger the bug only on real hardware.

If you feel like testing send me a PM and I can whip you a test rom (I decrypted that game hence why I am replying this) of a different regional variation of the game for testing purposes. If that happens on the other ROM, we will know it's a game bug. If that's not the case, I guess I'll have a look at it.

I once had reports on that particular game of random glitches at the test menu. I was never able to reproduce the bug, even on real hardware with the CPS2multi. So it could be a hardware issue on the person reporting it.

I tried the thing on a real powered gear board and I can not reproduce the bug. So it 's got to be the avalaunch dump that needs a patch?

Well if there's really a bug induced by me(I can't deny or confirm it's a bug) finding it will be like looking for a needle in a haystack. :\

So you will need to have some patience.

Back