What's new

Jensen

Beginner
Reaction score
Good afternoon

I've got a Rambo arcade shooter cabinet that stopped working due to the PC's power supply dying. I brought an ATX power supply, as the original Nipron ones are expensive. This powers the PC fine through the 24 pin connector, however the external jvs board is not receiving power as it seems that was powered through the 18 pin connector on the Lindbergh.

The 18 pin connector does not seem to be an industry standard, so I was wondering if there was a way to power it through the atx power supply (perhaps by manually wiring it?) or if anyone had any other ideas? Or am i out of luck, and it will have to purchase a second hand Nipron PSU?

Thanks for any help

You could use the 4-pin peripheral connectors on the PSU. Those have +5V and +12V. The IO only needs +5V to work, but some of the outputs might be rigged up to +12V, so you might as well wire up that too.

There will be other boards too that need to be powered too I think (gun sense for one?).

Perfectly doable in any case.

Can you show photos of this being done please? I have a PC PSU that I use with my Lindbergh but don't know how to power up the IO board.

Back