What's new
I might sound a little blunt, but since the tube clearance seems to be a potential risk, would it not be worth to modify the design and increase the depth? We don’t want a 100% accurate useless replica, we want a cab that works with most (if not all) 20/21” arcade monitors: Hantarex, Intervideo,Sander, WG (you name it...)

I have never had a WG monitor, but I find It weirdly annoying that there’s no detailed mechanical dimension diagram of them. My first reaction is “fuck and burn them all”, but I’m guessing they are the only arcade monitor available in some regions.. so yes, it’s not that we can rule them out...

I think the problem is it was already modified once to increase the depth, and there's only so much more to do. That is only one problem taken care of, though, and reason to not just rush headlong into it like was being previously suggested. I for one don't want spending over 20k on monitors that end up not working be the first step in my company slowly spiraling under. No matter what I want to do for people with these, I have to protect myself, and right now is not exactly a good time for arcade businesses. I'll only be as helpful as far as it doesn't actually kill me.

I agree, if issues are resolved, THEN its a good time to pick up some monitors, and as I said before, I'd rather eat the extra cost of paying VAT, etc. later if it means we get a guarantee first. I honestly would prefer if we didn't have to do the whole send it to EU then send it to US after; it sounds really bad and makes me question things honestly, but if that's what it takes, so be it. I'm not in it on the monitors for money, even in the slightest. I'll definitely put forward though, if someone wants to buy 80 monitors and take the whole thing out of my hands, I'm happy to relinquish that, but I won't until I know satisfaction will be had.

EDIT: also I'm kind of disappointed @Gaming.One seems to have exited the conversation? Like it or not having them in on the conversation is kind of important. That's the whole point of the thread.

Last edited:
I might sound a little blunt, but since the tube clearance seems to be a potential risk, would it not be worth to modify the design and increase the depth? We don’t want a 100% accurate useless replica, we want a cab that works with most (if not all) 20/21” arcade monitors: Hantarex, Intervideo,Sander, WG (you name it...)

I have never had a WG monitor, but I find It weirdly annoying that there’s no detailed mechanical dimension diagram of them. My first reaction is “fuck and burn them all”, but I’m guessing they are the only arcade monitor available in some regions.. so yes, it’s not that we can rule them out...
LoLoL! Why do you think there is so much bickering?
But, agreed. Add an 3/4" of depth. Then boom! Would work with just about any 19" tube. But as you can see, the other side of discussion has been "keep it as close as possible to the original!!!". Making this disucssion how to fit a square plug into a round hole. It's a repro. Concessions have to be made. At least one of the dimensions would be slightly different to accomodate current supply of parts. Again, it is a repro; accept some concessions and move on.
That is what killed the project last year. There are not enough people who want this altered from its original design to have the project succeed.

You need buyers in order to have the product at all, and when the majority will bail if it's a new shape/size, then you have no project.

The K7000 will fit. It does accommodate the current supply of parts. It's one of the most available arcade chassis out there.

Too bad we can't have groups on AP, like ones only buyers can be in.

The K7000 will fit. It does accommodate the current supply of parts. It's one of the most available arcade chassis out there.
Thing is, the monitor for EU buyers has to be accommodated for. EU guys can only buy complete units with the monitor.
I know right?

You know, I used to think you were a good guy. But just keep doing you brutha. Stay up.

Thing is, the monitor for EU buyers has to be accommodated for. EU guys can only buy complete units with the monitor.
That's really @opgijogdijp 's choice. He chose to buy a ton of monitors from Brazil before anything was confirmed to fit, and if they won't fit, he'll either need to supply them without monitor, or come to some other solution down the line. No one is making him sell them complete with monitor.

Does that suck for EU buyers? Absolutely. But you have Gaming.One / @opgijogdijp to blame for that as that's how they're choosing to run their business.

And it's a shame you're deleting your helpful posts.

And just so people don't think I'm crazy:
Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 8.57.39 AM.png

Last edited:
I know right?
You know, I used to think you were a good guy. But just keep doing you brutha. Stay up.
Oh that wasn't aimed at you dude! It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. I was thinking it would be an easier way to manage group buys.

But I'll be honest, the inconsistency on this thread has been bringing out the worst in me.

I vote we ship some NOS tubes for people who want brand new tubes for their swap at least.

Would they be willing to ship just the NOS tubes?

I feel some others may want the longer tube life and I feel most donors “look great” but still have 3-10000 hours of personal use on them.

Just to reiterate. We are getting a custom k-7000 frame from hursuit to pair up with our chassis and tube of choice?

Would they be willing to ship just the NOS tubes?
You'd probably have to chase them down on Facebook or their website to find out.

I'd imagine that with the name change and deleting all of their posts, @opgijogdijp (the artist formerly known as Gaming.One) isn't keen on dealing with this forum.
Just to reiterate. We are getting a custom k-7000 frame from hursuit to pair up with our chassis and tube of choice?
Correct!

Gaming One isn't keen on dealing well with anyone. They are petulant, and unprofessional to say the least. Gaming One advertised a "Chewlix" model in a Vewlix Group I belong to on Facebook. Interested in their proposal, I PM'd them for more info on the offer. Price seemed fair for the included items, so I wanted to find out about payment. They demanded a bank transfer to European account. I inquired about facilitating a payment through Paypal, where I'd agree to cover whatever merchant fees/surcharges occurred if they would accept it. They responded back rudely, and immediately blocked me. I'm sorry, but transferring $1500+ U.S. (1250 Euro) to a "company" with little more than Facebook and a half-ass Instagram presence, seems too risky for my tastes. Gaming One is a "business", and may certainly operate as they see fit. After reading other peoples' exchanges here, there's no chance in hell I'd risk putting penny one in their hands.

@Thundaar wire transfer is a lot more common in other countries, and not viewed as sketchy like it is here. That obviously doesn't excuse their attitude/actions/general rudeness.

I appreciate your feedback on them. Sharing this kind of feedback is important to keeping the community, well, a community. And in some cases can save folks a lot of heartache.

Many of us here are just trying to give fair warning to buyers on here regarding specific details and experience. It is by no means to derail a project. Folks can make their own decisions with their money. For example, not once have I made a comment about @hursit product, it is a huge undertaking via his own initial funding. Then you have others working on the logistics and shipping. Giving ppl information on monitors that do not come with the cabinet, options, and best routes to take is what we're are all about.

This is a community and part of it is helping out others.

The Egret 2/Windy 2/NNC/Q25 (Repair refund) thread is a perfect testament to this. Folks were given a heads up on cab specific info, parts, technical help, and info on the source of the cabinets and their general condition. As a good amount of us have purchased items from them. Those that chose to move forward weren't ridiculed, they were even helped further afterwards with issues when their cabs arrived. Some members even took the time one on one via DMs and others even gave their own spare parts to get ppl going.

Even if many of you decide to go with D series monitors and they fit. Someone makes dedicated thread regarding sync issues and other troubleshooting, folks are gonna jump in and help. What being a community is all about.

I'd imagine that with the name change and deleting all of their posts, @opgijogdijp (the artist formerly known as Gaming.One) isn't keen on dealing with this forum.
Honestly it seems like a bullet dodged. Probably not the best to do business with someone willing to throw a tantrum like that, for ANY reason, and certainly not over people asking perfectly reasonable questions.

Honestly it seems like a bullet dodged. Probably not the best to do business with someone willing to throw a tantrum like that, for ANY reason, and certainly not over people asking perfectly reasonable questions.
Amen, brother.

I cant even PM the guy. He blocked everyone.

I was gonna see if I could order 20 tubes for everyone.

I hesitant to hit him up on his store or facebook as he kinda snapped at me when I wanted to reiterate the tube condition and chassis.

Maybe someone else could do it or me

I hesitant to hit him up on his store or facebook as he kinda snapped at me when I wanted to reiterate the tube condition and chassis.

Maybe you can hunt the Brazilian guys down and probably pay less overall.

I have no clue who they are, or what city they are from, but maybe searching on some other forums would find them.

I agree with you entirely. I wanted to post something to that tune but felt I was probably too close to the situation.
Maybe you can hunt the Brazilian guys down and probably pay less overall.
This is probably the best option if possible. A source with 120 monitors can't be /that/ obscure.

lmao you're one to charge head first into red flags aren't ya?

Sketchy payments, mediocre parts they may not even have possession yet possibly brockering the deal. Just let it go. Not a lot of people to begin with wanted these tubes. You're looking to get scammed. I rather see updates on this forum about the mini cute rather than stubborn members beating a dead horse. I promise if you want NOS tubes there are some in the Phillipines. A dude on Facebook just posted about them and also NOS Capcom Impress cabs. They're out there and possibly a better value as they are true NOS piled in a warehouse in the Philippines. Also the dudes English is much better than gaming one so it should be easier to connect on that front. I don't mean to be much of a dick but seriously this thread is going in a different direction than it should.

Back