What's new
If you sent a tube to Cereth, he couldn't test anything until the cabs are in hand.
for fitment, no, but it sounds like there's question about compatibility. If you're worried about that one of these setups should be sent to someone who owns a bunch of odd-ball PCBs: Midway Y/T-Units, Taito F3, System 24, etc.

If you sent a tube to Cereth, he couldn't test anything until the cabs are in hand.
for fitment, no, but it sounds like there's question about compatibility. If you're worried about that one of these setups should be sent to someone who owns a bunch of odd-ball PCBs: Midway Y/T-Units, Taito F3, System 24, etc.
Correct, one unit needs to go to someone to test compatibility. I guess its frame and measurements of the tube installed to Hursit to check fitment.

My concern was the neck was too big; I think the frame would be okay but the entire thing would need to be moved forward a bit to fit the D9500 neck. That would be something hursit needs to check. Above is correct, to test resolution it'd need to go to someone who can test it with an arrangement of 15khz PCBs, not to me.

I think the frame would be okay but the entire thing would need to be moved forward a bit to fit the D9500 neck.
It was already moved forward to accommodate the 19" tube to start. There's only so much forward one can go!

Correct, one unit needs to go to someone to test compatibility. I guess its frame and measurements of the tube installed to Hursit to check fitment.
Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. Yea, from a compatibility standpoint, it can basically go to anyone in the states for testing.

Maybe someone might even have one already.

can we just move forward with the most logical set up being the easily accessible k7000 chassis? They can be bought several places online cheap, all components are accessible as well and due diligence now 19" tubes can be found at recycling centers and all sales pages offer up, let go, craigslist, fb marketplace etc.

This and a universal vesa mount for lcd should be the only options. Not a maybe-maybe not unreliable Chinese tri sync junk. Just my two cents. Carry on with the bickering and confusion.

can we just move forward with the most logical set up being the easily accessible k7000 chassis? They can be bought several places online cheap, all components are accessible as well and due diligence now 19" tubes can be found at recycling centers and all sales pages offer up, let go, craigslist, fb marketplace etc.

This and a universal vesa mount for lcd should be the only options. Not a maybe-maybe not unreliable Chinese tri sync junk.
Im 100% for this route. This was our original plan since Day 1. Unfortunately, were still waiting on the package to arrive to hursit. Even today the current status is "In Transit", and its been that way since July 9th.

I have my notifications up and I talk to hursit regularly. When I find out it's delivered, I'll post to this thread immediately.

I’m committed to the Brand new Malaysion monitors.

Tube dropping is cool and all but not the same thing as an NOS tube and doesn’t sound available in other 19” brands.

With new tech and 31 kHz availability. You can definately close the gap on previously unsupported 15 kHz support.

I would say instead of full abandon of brand new monitors. Let’s put it through a couple more tests and if they pass let’s leave it on the table for those who want that option.

Also these can be reflowed if “someone were to offer a service” or recapped.

The all in one brand new mini cute option sounds so cool.

I want unwrap my mini cutes and smell that sweet smell of chemicals when I plug everything in 1st day it arrives in my office

you've probably never done a tube swap but they're easy. Ive found compatible tubes without a hitch and so have many others. It isn't as hard as you think. This method is wayyyyy better than a junk tri sync that doesn't even work as a tri sinc. Re read what has been said about this model. It sucks for 15khz. Why settle for a limited "NOS" (not really NOS) set up when you can have a beautiful tried and true k7000. Plus consumer tvs look just as good as a NOS crt after a successful swap.

I’ll take a crack at compatability testing the D9500 on 15,24,31 kHz as well as line doubling.

It will be here August 6 and I have 5 or 6 19” donor tubes ready.

I need an isolation transformer and I would like to know which one so I can have my necessary equipment on hand.

I have a couple multis: Taito F3, MVS, M72, STV, Ring Edge 2, Naomi netdimm, jammaizer, Gradius II and IV and a heap of other titles I could test for weird sync and resolutions.

Which Isolation Transformer should I buy for the swap?

Shout out to @rewrite for the helping with yoke success rates.

you've probably never done a tube swap but they're easy. Ive found compatible tubes without a hitch and so have many others. It isn't as hard as you think. This method is wayyyyy better than a junk tri sync that doesn't even work as a tri sinc. Re read what has been said about this model. It sucks for 15khz. Why settle for a limited "NOS" (not really NOS) set up when you can have a beautiful tried and true k7000. Plus consumer tvs look just as good as a NOS crt after a successful swap.
thanks for your opinion kidkaos.

I want to find out compatibility before I rule out the only brand new option.

Suggesting that everyone robs their local dump illegally or hopefully as a required step is thankfully not the only option available.

I read an article on KLOV and people seemed to love them and reported I compatability with certain brands of titles.

Go ahead and type in 19” CRT and see how bountiful they are. I got lucky making a friend at the dump and having 5 or 6 tubes available. What I was doing was technically against local dump regulations.

Tube swapping is a great option with a different chassis.

I’m just saying let’s not rule out this option 8 hours after fitment and sync compatability are reported. Lets abandon the idea a teensy bit later until we can run some tests for a new monitor

Let's not forget @rewrong (Rg111) as well for sending off his K7000 frame so that @hursit has a base to work off of to create the custom frame!

@hoagtech I may be entirely off base, but I'd imagine that bridge is burned at this point since the seller deleted not only every post about the monitors, but every post they've ever made on AP.. Perhaps dealing with him directly may work though?

NOS monitors pop up more often than you'd think though. And domestically. Not 80 at a time like this, but a few here and there pretty often.

Doesn’t he handle European distribution for Hursuit?

He’s probably on another forum and I hope the option is available. If not.

Longer used option it is I guess.

That’s a wrap for me. What happens happens. I just don’t like to jump to conclusions and shut doors too soon.

Doesn’t he handle European distribution for Hursuit?

He’s probably on another forum and I hope the option is available. If not.

Longer used option it is I guess.

That’s a wrap for me. What happens happens. I just don’t like to jump to conclusions and shut doors too soon.
He's on Facebook at a minimum, I know that much.

Honestly, it looks like it won't physically fit regardless, since the neckboard is quite a bit larger than the k7000 in the wrong direction.

I'll say it again, this isn't a one size fits all cab. We're not even 100% that the k7000 will fit. Thats why I sent my frame, so we can confirm.

No matter how much positive energy we throw at this, if it doesnt fit, it doesnt fit. We all need to accept this right now and ground ourselves so we aren't disappointed if this doesn't go our way, regardless of what monitor we personally want.

IF it doesnt fit, it doesnt fit. We all need to accept this right now
I have my big boy pants ready for the verdict.

I just want to change the “IF” to a “Hey look the monitor doesn’t fit after testing”

We don’t know at this point.

I’m perfectly happy moving forward AFTER we can rule it out.

I bought an Isolation transformer without a wiring harness.

Do you reccomend I buy the wiring harness with a quick crimps and monitor plug as well or can I solder 4 wire and attach?

Either way I will have to tube swap a 19” tubes so this will be a great demonstration on a tube swap.

I'm useless here. I've only had monitors that don't require them for so long I'm going to have to relearn it myself.

The Bob Robert's AC wiring guide is what you want!

Back