What's new

RGB

Champion
Reaction score
The number of requests in the sales thread and via PMs is getting difficult to keep track of, if you wish to be added to the wait list for the next HAS batch, please from now on use this form - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...WQDeLkIPx0DH5nbIoZLa7QbXzS-XA9yQ/formResponse

Also available via my blog – https://homearcadesystem.wordpress.com/pre-order/

Additionally please read the FAQ - https://homearcadesystem.wordpress.com/faq/

The base HAS package includes:
  • a HAS unit
  • a complete plexi glass case (4mm thick plexi glass cover for top and bottom + spacers and bolts)
  • a high quality, 45cm long 18AWG power supply cable

The HAS remains the only supergun on the market that comes with:
  • Customizable button layout with a unique feature of buttons duplication
  • Customizable autofire that is synchronized with the game’s VSync for the best possible compatibility; it allows you to apply one of 6 autofire rates to any button
  • CSync regeneration feature that does work, and does fix the Taito F3 video issues when it’s connected to the XRGB Mini using the RGB Scart cable

Full list of features:
  • JAMMA, JAMMA+ and CHAMMA compatible
  • DB15 controller ports (NeoGeo compatible, extended to support buttons 5 and 6)
  • Programmable button layout
  • Programmable rapid-fire (VSync synchronized, 6 different fire rates)
  • Buttons 1-6 on the JAMMA connector (buttons 4-5 can be disabled)
  • Buttons 4-6 on the “kick harness” connector
  • Internal memory to store the button layout and rapid-fire settings
  • RGB+CSync video output (75 Ohm impedance)
  • Selectable video Low Pass Filter
  • Video brightness regulation via one knob
  • CSync buffer
  • CSync regeneration (fixes video issues in the Taito F3 connected via the XRGB Mini)
  • Selectable CSync level and impedance (~0.35Vp-p, 75 Ohm impedance or ~5Vp-p, high impedance, TTL)
  • HSync and VSync outputs (~5Vp-p, high impedance, TTL)
  • 8pin mini DIN connector for audio and video output (XRGB Mini pinout)
  • 3.5mm jack connector for audio output (it will override the 8pin mini DIN audio output)
  • Audio attenuation
  • JAMMA (mono audio) or MVS (stereo audio) compatible
  • Test and Service buttons
  • Voltmeter (selectable +5V/+12V measurement)
  • 6pin power connector
  • Acrylic glass case
  • Modular build (the basic functionality can be expanded by using special modules)

The list of features is still subject to change, however it can only change for the better in terms of the number of features and functionality.

Last edited:

Bigsingerdawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a good thread that goes over use cases and common add ons?

In North America so thinking I'm 100% for the unit itself a Saturn controller converter. Kick harnesses.
Definitely the terminal block cover and the PSU Cable.

Just not sure on the video options between the hd15 the 8 pin mini, the RGB and the PS2 to scart. Or a combination of the above.

Don't have a pvm and have one CRT but mostly HD TVs. Anyone have a recommendation? Thoughts?

kuze

Champion
Reaction score
Awesome stuff! Just submitted my interest via the form. :thumbup:

Reactions: RGB

RGB

Champion
Reaction score
Hi,
I recommend the main HAS sales thread or just PM me.
Just not sure on the video options between the hd15 the 8 pin mini, the RGB and the PS2 to scart. Or a combination of the above.

Don't have a pvm and have one CRT but mostly HD TVs. Anyone have a recommendation? Thoughts?
Do you already own the OSSC or the XRGB mini? My recommendation would be one of those two devices and an RGB Scart cable (from the RGC online store, based in the UK) for the HD TV or if you already own the PS1/PS2 RGB Scart cable, then you could get the PS2 Scart adapter or the CXA2075 adapter, because the latter can output 3 types of video signal via the PlayStation Multi AV port: Composite Video, S-Video and RGB.

Last edited:

Bigsingerdawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,
I recommend the main HAS sales thread or just PM me.

Do you already own the OSSC or the XRGB mini? My recommendation would one of those two devices and an RGB Scart cable (from the RGC online store, based in the UK) for the HD TV or if you already own the PS1/PS2 RGB Scart cable, then you could get the PS2 Scart adapter or the CXA2075 adapter, because the latter can output 3 types of video signal via the PlayStation Multi AV port: Composite Video, S-Video and RGB.
PM sent, ty!

UltimateTofu

Student
Reaction score
Count me in for two! These are amazing elegant yet feature packed superguns. I can't wait to use this on a PVM.

Takosuke

Professional
Reaction score
Count me in for 1 please, form submitted :) Thank you!

Jorel81

Student
Reaction score
Preordered! Hopefully I checked off everything I need. This is exciting! :)

SF3BMX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Preordered a few days ago. You may see me on there twice however since I forgot to add my arcade-projects forum name on there. ^^

GeekMan1222

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy makes some real quality stuff just saying.

jassin000

Multi Boyz Sheriff
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
What @Apocalypse said and its terrible!
That's why I use a RECO device (also made by @RGB) in conjunction with my Taito JAMMA kit.

For some reason, Taito also had to be different putting buttons 4 and 5 on the edge, then feeding only 6 in via strange two prong connector.
I chopped the funky connector and replaced it with a normal CPS2/3 style kicks.

RECO pools all these inputs (4, 5 from the edge +6 from the kicks) back together into its own CPS2/3 style kicks connector...
While still keeping 4 on the edge for MVS support, however this pooling also causes the strange Vampire Hunter crash bug on CPS2 (ie if button 4 is present on both the edge and kicks at the same time).

Last edited:

RGB

Champion
Reaction score
RECO pools all these inputs (4, 5 from the edge +6 from the kicks) back together into its own CPS2/3 style kicks connector...
While still keeping 4 on the edge for MVS support, however this pooling also causes the strange Vampire Hunter crash bug on CPS2 (ie if button 4 is present on both the edge and kicks at the same time).
You need to remember that RECO was designed when the CPS2 bug wasn't known (I hadn't heard of it before and hadn't encountered it myself). Anyways, the HAS has got the means to disable buttons 4-6 on the JAMMA edge, and the same will be with the new RECO revision if I release it.

Last edited: