What's new

Bashi

Student
Reaction score
Hello! I have recently got a Jojo HFTF CPS3 cart for dirt cheap and me and my friend were looking to test the cartridge off his Darksoft CPS3 setup. As shown in the photo, the cart looks phenominal, no leakage or anything. His CPS3 motherboard has the darksoft multi installed and I was wondering if there was any danger to his setup should I test the cart and burn a disc for it? And what would the process be for reverting the game back to Third Strike after testing the cart? Thank you again and sorry if this is a seemingly simple question!

Attachments

• rn_image_picker_lib_temp_15196d34-3036-481b-87fb-56d37edafb4d.jpg
    rn_image_picker_lib_temp_15196d34-3036-481b-87fb-56d37edafb4d.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 43
I was wondering if there was any danger to his setup should I test the cart and burn a disc for it?

No danger. You're just installing a different game. It takes around 35-40 minutes.

However, you don't need a burn a disc for it just yet. See what happens if you just plug the cart in. More than likely the cart has suicided.

And what would the process be for reverting the game back to Third Strike after testing the cart?

You would need to reinstall the game.

No danger. You're just installing a different game. It takes around 35-40 minutes.

However, you don't need a burn a disc for it just yet. See what happens if you just plug the cart in. More than likely the cart has suicided.

You would need to reinstall the game.
What would be an indicator that the cart has suicided or not?

Give the cart contacts a good scrub with isopropyl alcohol and a swab before giving up on it. If the cart has truly suicided then it can be revived with the Darksoft UltraBIOS.

Back