What's new

Pokemon_Steve

Beginner
Reaction score
I had questions about hooking up an existing PC setup to my cabinet which houses a K7400, primarily to play FightCade/CCCaster and other netplay clients for arcade games. The GBS-8100 converter is one solution I've found but from what I've read the adjustment settings don't save and the overall picture quality is bad to okay at best.

I have an HD 6770 on-hand that's compatible with CRT Emudriver, but as far as connecting the PC to the monitor, I'm not sure how to go about that. I have seen solutions of people connecting a Raspberry Pi to CGA monitor using a spliced VGA breakout cable. Would this be a viable option for video connection? A JPAC board is also another one I see that's recommended, but if I can get by making a cable that would be more preferred.

This setup originally had a GTX 960 capable of running more modern games, which I would like to utilize if possible to play stuff like SF4, Guilty Gear AC+R, MvC3, etc. things that the 6770 can't handle. Would a dual setup where the 6770 drives the display output and the 960 provides processing power to run these games be possible?

Last edited:
Back