What's new
Haven't watched your current vid yet, but as a PSA there was a guy out of Korea I think selling these on eBay for $$$$ while not mentioning that they were all conversions, so buyer beware!

Haven't watched your current vid yet, but as a PSA there was a guy out of Korea I think selling these on eBay for $$$$ while not mentioning that they were all conversions, so buyer beware!
yes considering how rare they are I am sure finding a legit one is hard AF

Nice vid @awbacon1 this looks pretty cool. Never heard of it and yeah I assume its $$$$ for OG board. I'll try this out on MAME.
Yes, emulate it for a play, it's fun. A conversion board is rather inexpensive (cheaper if you do it yourself), but yeah, a real PCB is probably over $800 now.

Yes, emulate it for a play, it's fun. A conversion board is rather inexpensive (cheaper if you do it yourself), but yeah, a real PCB is probably over $800 now.
Last real one on Yaj went for $2500 via bidding heh

Wasn't there a group buy on the shmups forum 25 years ago? :unsure: Damn I'm old...

Yes, I believe they purchased a bunch of NOS kits directly from Mitchell Corp. I had one of the kits (second hand) at one point before I sold it on. Still have the conversion PCB which is identical to the original board except for eproms instead of mask roms (and eprom labels of course).

Amazing game but damn...is it fucking hard

I enjoyed the video awbacon! I agree it's a pretty hard game. What makes it tough for casual play is that they only institute checkpoints in the final stage which is a tough one. You really need to get a grip on the shadow powerup mechanics and play enough to know the enemy layouts to stand a chance.

I enjoyed the video awbacon! I agree it's a pretty hard game. What makes it tough for casual play is that they only institute checkpoints in the final stage which is a tough one. You really need to get a grip on the shadow powerup mechanics and play enough to know the enemy layouts to stand a chance.
yeah it does some WEIRD stuff with the checkpoints. Never consistent

Back