What's new

bravesirchris

Student
Reaction score
So i need some help with a Raw Thrills terminator salvation, the game will just not load.

I've reinstalled the game on to the PC ( dell optiplex 740) game installs without any problem.

I have swapped the graphic card, hard drive in the PC.

I have also tried swapping the I/0 board in the machine with no luck.

The game just sits on the loading screen.

Anyone have any ideas of advice

Attachments

• TS.jpg
    TS.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 73
I have no experience with this particular machine but I am a computer tech. If the issue is with the Dell computer, I suspect it could be a RAM issue. Have you tried replacing it?

Also maybe try a replacement PSU as this could also cause lockup issues.

do you have the security key plugged into the back? It needs to be plugged into the same port it was in during installation usually, not sure about that game specifically. Another thing to do is to check that all of the BIOS settings are correct. Does that game have a parallel port security key? if so, you may need to edit the port settings.

Attachments

• Dell Optiplex 740 BIOS settings.pdf
    85.4 KB · Views: 102
do you have the security key plugged into the back? It needs to be plugged into the same port it was in during installation usually, not sure about that game specifically. Another thing to do is to check that all of the BIOS settings are correct. Does that game have a parallel port security key? if so, you may need to edit the port settings.
so the game uses a USB security dongle which I did have plug in the same usb port when i reinstalled the game. ( but i will do it again tomorrow just to check).

one other thing is did you swap the graphics card with the exact same one as was in there before? If it's not one that the game install has the drivers for you may need to install the drivers separately?

one other thing is did you swap the graphics card with the exact same one as was in there before? If it's not one that the game install has the drivers for you may need to install the drivers separately?
I did swap the graphic cards but sadly same issue, but i have just got 2 Dell optiplex 740 of ebay so im going to swap the PC.

I did swap the graphic cards but sadly same issue, but i have just got 2 Dell optiplex 740 of ebay so im going to swap the PC.
ok, but i'm asking what card did you use to swap? You can't just use any card you want, it has to be one that the game has drivers for.

Back