What's new

HornheaDD

Professional
Reaction score
Hello all, I just took possession of a Blast city cab from a local op. Ive got two boards to test with, a Neo 4 slot, and a Dreamcast MGCD. Both boot fine, but the cab does not coin up. He had it on free play when I went to test it, and I didn't think to try and coin it up. (thats on me).

Anyway Hitting the coin switch in the door does nothing, and the coin counter doesn't count a new 'coin' when it's hit either.h

My MVS for some reason coins up on it's own (one credit), even though I have it set for free play.

I know these cabs are JVS and JAMMA, but I'm not certain if there's a switch or setting I have to mess with to tell it to be JAMMA.

Any help is appreciated.

Got it! Thank you for the link to the wiring guide. It appears that all wiring is completely missing from CN12. After making a tiny jumper, I got a coin. :)

Well.. shit.

I guess it's unsolved now. I moved the cab into my office, had to remove the CP to do so. But I put everything back correctly, and installed a button on CN12. Nothing.

I checked the pins for continuity, and it's there. Definitely makes contact on the I/O. I have no idea what's going on now. The Neo still coins itself up one time, and I can hear the coin counter click over. I don't have any other boards to test with at the moment.

But even with the Neo coining itself up one time with each reboot, I cant add more coins after that single one.

Sorry just looking at my cab. The guide doesn’t list the pinout(!). It’s cn9.
The coin meter switch rear pin connects to cn9 pin 7. The middle pin to cn9 pin 5. The others on cn9 go out to the coin counter I think.

Just in case, coin signal for the jamma harness is cn4

Last edited:
Thats so weird lol. Maybe it was a fluke that it worked before lol.

Looks like it was a simple dead switch on the coin mech. Trying a new switch got it to work just fine.

Buh. Solved yet again lol. Thanks @ekorz

I think cn4 and cn12 duplicate the signal to the jamma loom, just looking at the photo of the traces now tho. So shoring cn12 sent a coin signal to the pcb.

but if you had a dead switch then the signal never got there from cn9 in the first place

Back