What's new

el Loco

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi there, my first post, and directly a problem, sorry.
But - I have a really strange error case with my Lindbergh.
From the beginning: I wanted to put a Multi in my original Virtua Tennis 3.
Then came the first issue: In boot sequence an error appeared: unsupported cpu detected. (Photo)
There I saw it has a celeron, although yellow Lindys should have a pentium 4, right? I thought that´s the problem, and the multi would need the pentium 4, so I bought it (definitly the correct one, checked it), Same error. (With Pentium4 displayed) Then I wanted to cancel it, change to virtua tennis again- but still the same problem, even with the original processor and game, installed and running for years.

Soo...can anyone help me? Maybe an easy solution, enter a code, reset something, something like that?

I really hope for help, thanks in advance.

error 2a.jpg

Cheers, Frank.

No one? Really? No clue?
Here are so many people patting the own shoulder, but no one who really knows about materia?
That´s sad...sorry.

You can try resetting the CMOS by using the jumper on the Lindbergh or pulling out the CMOS battery.

If you've already tried 2 CPUs then I would say that this is a terminal motherboard failure. I've not seen this before, so it's not a common failure which is likely why no one has replied. If the CMOS reset doesn't work, you'll need to buy a new motherboard for your Lindbergh.

solved myself, but that all the people here did not know an answer...really sad, sry

solved myself, but that all the people here did not know an answer...really sad, sry

People are not being rude. You just had an issue that is very uncommon, so most likely only you know now the solution.

How about telling everyone what was the solution?

I have had little success with getting help on the site as well, but I understand as being an expert in another field, that they aren't always on here and catch your posts. I just post questions, and if I do figure out the answer I will post it, so when folks like you start searching the interweb with the same questions as I had at one time, you will at least find an answer. So it is important that you don't take it personally, and post what corrected your issue.

> solved myself, but that all the people here did not know an answer...really sad, sry

I actually tried to help you above but you ignored me - fancy telling anyone what the problem was? My guess is that you caused the issue by doing something silly and that's why you don't want to reveal.

> I have had little success with getting help on the site as well, but I understand as being an expert in another field, that they aren't always on here and catch your posts.

Thanks, this is a lovely way to put it - ask things, and then when you don't get a reply write up your solution - the stuff you've added already is really good, so thank you. Unforunately you're both coming to the Lindbergh scene very late, and so there aren't too many people that are interested in the hardware anymore. Now that we have multis / emulators / loaders for this system there are few people that actually care about running the games in their original ways and so unforunately knowlege / interest in these things fade.

Last edited:
Back