What's new
Just want to add something for anyone installing this in an MVS cabinet. This applies to my setup (U4-25 with 4slot), not sure about others:

Do not try to set up the RECO button assignments in the MVS input test mode! It will set buttons to random places for some reason. Do it in attract mode/in game/etc.

To get the game select button to work, set it as P1 button 5 on the RECO and set DIP6 on SW1 to ON (along with 7&8 for your 4th buttons).

Attachments

• FE027F4C-EFBA-4C41-AE55-46AB9797FA62.jpeg
    FE027F4C-EFBA-4C41-AE55-46AB9797FA62.jpeg
    229.2 KB · Views: 99
wow that was fast! thx :)

Would it be possible to add some kind of 4 Way / 8 Way feature for Games like GnG?
If you use 8 Way the character stops when hitting the corners :(

Last edited:
Got my RECO board today—thanks, @RGB

Cant seem to properly map buttons on Neo Geo 1-slot, however.

I have a CPS2 kick harness connected to buttons 4, 5, 6 of my control panel which connects to the RECO board on the other end but the buttons don’t register in re-mapping mode. I have DIP switches 7 and 8 in the ON position at the RECO board.

Hopefully I’m missing something obvious here 😅

Got my RECO board today—thanks, @RGB

Cant seem to properly map buttons on Neo Geo 1-slot, however.

I have a CPS2 kick harness connected to buttons 4, 5, 6 of my control panel which connects to the RECO board on the other end but the buttons don’t register in re-mapping mode. I have DIP switches 7 and 8 in the ON position at the RECO board.

Hopefully I’m missing something obvious here 😅
We may be in the same boat here. I can’t get button 4 to map on my kick either. And yes I plugged in the kick

How many buttons do you have mapped on your JAMMA harness in the cabinet?

Are you able to tell if the problem is with the input or with the output of the RECO?

How many buttons do you have mapped on your JAMMA harness in the cabinet?

Are you able to tell if the problem is with the input or with the output of the RECO?
Buttons 1, 2, 3 of the control panel are mapped JAMMA and 4, 5, 6 go to kick harness connector on RECO

Reactions: RGB
This is embarrassing, but I forgot to map GND to the CPS2 connector input. Not everyone will be affected by this, but if you are, please PM me and I will make it right. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.

All RECO units for sale will now have a fix for this, a simple jumper wire.

51799255517_3d80de9bd4_n.jpg

Last edited:
This is embarrassing, but I forgot to map GND to the CPS2 connector input. Not everyone will be affected by this, but if you are, please PM me and I will make it right. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.

All RECO units for sale will now have a fix for this, a simple jumper wire.

51799255517_3d80de9bd4_n.jpg
This repair worked perfectly for me. A two minute job.

Love the RECO!

Thanks, @RGB

Attachments

• 7DB59A7F-E6B9-4BBE-A150-F9BB5E250D0D.jpeg
    7DB59A7F-E6B9-4BBE-A150-F9BB5E250D0D.jpeg
    251.9 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Back