What's new

HornheaDD

Professional
Reaction score
Hello! I just got an IGS PGM cart with Knights of Valor from Sheep, and threw it into my Neo25, as far as I am aware the PGM is a 1/1 drop in for a Neo Geo right? I get a red screen when booting it in my Neo. But if I put it in my Blast, it fires up perfectly.

Am I missing something?

Hello! I just got an IGS PGM cart with Knights of Valor from Sheep, and threw it into my Neo25, as far as I am aware the PGM is a 1/1 drop in for a Neo Geo right? I get a red screen when booting it in my Neo. But if I put it in my Blast, it fires up perfectly.

Am I missing something?
Aren’t Neo25 cabinets wired for MVS and not JAMMA? If so the PGM is not drop-in.

Attachments

• E210A49B-FB9D-4BC2-8110-D6B089127D68.jpeg
    E210A49B-FB9D-4BC2-8110-D6B089127D68.jpeg
    593.9 KB · Views: 73
Aren’t Neo25 cabinets wired for MVS and not JAMMA? If so the PGM is not drop-in.
Hm, a buddy of mine had a Neo 29 years ago and the PgM booted fine. I've got an atlas Big Red adapter if need be, I'll try that as well as checking voltage, thanks guys.

Last edited:
Check +5V voltage.
This was it. It was running kinda low, like 4.3 or something, no idea how that happened. But increasing it a teensy bit got the PGM up and running.

I never realized the resolution on the PGM was different. So weird. My MVS' monitor still has the video nice and square, but it's compressed a bit. Since I plan on playing Neo more than PGM for the moment, I'm gonna leave it as is. Thanks for the help fellas!

You need to use the big red adapter if your cab's harness is wired for MVS. I have to adjust the hell out of the monitor when I swap out the MVS for the PGM.

Cool, yeah JNX's big red adapter definitely came in handy. Do you know if it's possible to install a remote screen adjustment board for a Neo25? It's not that difficult to get to (love the prop up hood on the Neo25s!) but It'd be nice to not have to stick a screwdriver down there every time. I love that the Blast has easily accessed controls under the CP.

The board with the adjustment knobs should be directly connected to your monitor, so it depends on the monitor. Should be possible with any monitor I would think, but sorry I'm not knowledgable enough about cabs to help with that.

Back