What's new
Wish I had your troubleshooting knowledge. Impressive to say the least.

Thank you for the compliment. I learned a TON from reading the PCB repair logs that @caius , @yavuzg , Porchy, Bryan McPhail and others have written - I'm just trying to follow in their footsteps and document everything publicly as best I can. :thumbsup:

The KNA6034201 reproductions from @caius arrived and FINALLY the board set is working 100% with no jailbars!

IMG_8988.jpgIMG_8991.jpgIMG_8990.jpgIMG_8989.jpg

I ran the board for 24 hours as a "soak test" just to make sure that everything was solid. For good measure, I tried swapping in each of the original KN customs one at a time just to see if one of them was good, but unfortunately both custom chips have issues.

In the end, I ended up replacing 14 failed chips across both the middle and bottom boards.
IMG_8992.jpg

One more update to come after I program, install and test the M72 Multi! :thumbsup:

Nice job! What could have caused all of those bad chips?

My assumption is that either the power supply got turned up way too high, the power supply failed catastrophically, or the JAMMA harness was plugged in upside down.

The KNA6034201 reproductions from @caius arrived and FINALLY the board set is working 100% with no jailbars!

IMG_8988.jpgIMG_8991.jpgIMG_8990.jpgIMG_8989.jpg

I ran the board for 24 hours as a "soak test" just to make sure that everything was solid. For good measure, I tried swapping in each of the original KN customs one at a time just to see if one of them was good, but unfortunately both custom chips have issues.

In the end, I ended up replacing 14 failed chips across both the middle and bottom boards.
IMG_8992.jpg

One more update to come after I program, install and test the M72 Multi! :thumbsup:
Fantastic work!

Very nice work, props to you for sticking it through to the end. I know it can get pretty disheartening once you’ve replaced so many chips! Thanks for sharing the journey through pics :thumbup:

Last update on this board!

I've replaced all the electrolytic capacitors and fitted the Apocalypse M72 Multi. Playing a round on each of the games now and everything is working 100%.

IMG_9022.jpgIMG_9026.jpgIMG_9027.jpgIMG_9031.jpgIMG_9034.jpg

I'm glad to have this project wrapped up! Time for it to go home to its owner. :D

Back