What's new

goilup

Beginner
Reaction score
I think my HDD is dying on my Tekken Tag 2 and I'd like to image it to an SSD, is that possible?

try making a exact 1:1 with HDD Raw copy and use your original dongle , it may work

Are you running Linux? It's very easy to make a 1:1 image of the hard disk and write that to another disk.

If you're on Windows, setting up WSL environment will let you get access to a Linux terminal and have it run Linux commands. The dd command is what you're looking for.

I'm pretty sure the game is locked to the drive. At least Taiko on 357 is like that.

You should have a write blocker on the source drive.

... so basically Namco's strategy is planned obsolescence? or pay us to make you a new drive?

Would be nice to have those install sources

Unless you have access to a patched or very clean image , cloning it would not work as the HDD is tied with the serial number in a specific file, I’m still not sure if it’s ok to share any information yet as the hardware and software to my eyes, seems to be abandoned, but you can send me a DM.

Unless you have access to a patched or very clean image , cloning it would not work as the HDD is tied with the serial number in a specific file, I’m still not sure if it’s ok to share any information yet as the hardware and software to my eyes, seems to be abandoned, but you can send me a DM.
Can you edit the string to change the serial number to the new drive?

sorry for intruding, I'm looking for IMG of namco games, can anyone send me some links? thanks

Back