What's new

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Recently picked up a Sega Baseball Panel and the Analog sticks were in rough shape. Especially the plastic top plate/gate which was practically disintegrated

27879264_2022052311369491_7333510079276122112_n.jpg

I whipped up a model and printed some replacements

27893354_167324580587591_4316090735435710464_n.jpg

These do more than limit the throw of the joystick, they also have lugs on the underside that limit the centering springs so that when they return to center it's actual center.
if you need some of these yourself you can find the files on thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2798703

I wont be adding these to bit-district.com but if you need a pair let me know. :thumbup:

I could absolutely use these.

Also, there are 2 versions of this gate. square and circle. I have square in my baseball panel and round in my zombie revenge. I would guess you might be aware of that but if you weren't, it's worth knowing.

Honestly though, what I think would be AMAZING, would be an octogon gate like the gamecube stick. This would make playing monkey ball with a zombie revenge or baseball panel (just invert 5v/gnd and calibrate in test mode) much more fun.

interesting... I never removed the zombie revenge sticks from the panel so I never realized they were different.

designing a circle gate and octogon gate versions should be simple.

ok new files have been uploaded. there are now 4 gate designs available:
square gate: used on baseball panels
circle gate: used on zombie revenge and other panels
octa-f gate - custom design octagonal gate where each of the 8 directions lands on a flat side of the gate (similar to Sanwa Octa Gates)
octa-c gate - custom design octagonal gate where each of the 8 directions lands on a corner of the gate (similar to N64 Octa gates)

Awesome work! I'll shoot you a PM if you don't mind as I don't have a 3d printer.

I'll be happy to print some, however the power supply on my printer died friday night so it will likely be a week or so before I can print anything.

Back