What's new
For Sale

SnakeGrunger

Professional
Reaction score
As the title says !

https://pxlmod.com/

Available on my website, brand new, in stock ready to ship. Feel free to ask any questions !

Attachments

• DSC_9706 copy.jpg
    DSC_9706 copy.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 160
  • PXL_20220903_002655286.NIGHT copy.jpg
    PXL_20220903_002655286.NIGHT copy.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Does anyone know if these are effective with the repro marquee holder or only with original ones ?

Does anyone know if these are effective with the repro marquee holder or only with original ones ?
Repros will not, as a rule, glow the same, you need a special acrylic that lets the light bounce around inside off of little nano particles or whatever. There was talk of reproing them in another thread, but the stuff is expensive and has be be bought in big sheets apparently.

Oh ok thanks, I thought as much, I understand that not all original vewlix marquees are the special acrylic type? I’m assuming that’s why the later models didn’t have the leds as the marquee holders were the same as repro types too.
Can anybody confirm how good an effect there is with these leds and a repro marquee holder?

I think it's more down to preference for me personally. I think a similar effect can be achieved with some backing maybe? IIRC- the plastic was about 2x the cost for the kind that "holds" the light, if that makes sense.

Attachments

• IMG_2079.jpg
    IMG_2079.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2080.jpg
    IMG_2080.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 123
Thanks for the comparison photos, think they’re still gonna worth it with either marquee type tbh.

Just one last query while I’m on, sorry to waffle, but do the ones that ‘hold’ the light appear clear when no light is transferred through them or still frosted ?
Just wondering if there is a way to tell frosted and none frosted apart when not in use?

Yes they’re clear. That’s what makes them special, they are optically transparent until side lit.

You could probably get a similarish effect with a laser cut frosted piece for the back and a clear one for the front. It would not be clear around the edges of the paper when off, but I dunno that anyone overly cares about that.

Back