What's new
Want To Buy

MmSadda

Professional
Reaction score
*EDIT*THINK I FOUND THE IO I NEED FROM A FRIEND. CONSIDER THIS RESOLVED.

I just picked up a Vewlix that has a FastI/O in it. The previous owner had been running a PC with a brooks board, which I'll be using for now, but I eventually want to run TvC and an EXA board.

To run either, it sounds like I'll need a JVS IO, and the wiring to go from the IO to the controls. (if there's anything else I'm likely to need that anyone reading this knows of, please let me know.)

I'd also like to grab a Vewlix L-appropriate 1-player control panel for eventually running shmups.

Also would like to snag some appropriate stools if someone has suggestions. (I know getting 48cm stools imported is a big ask now.)

Last edited:
@alberto1225 does repro panels if you have a hard time finding an original 1p panel. I just ordered a 2p Vewlix L panel from him.

I had compatibility issues with some Naomi and Namco games with mine, ended up using an Open JVS adapter like this. That being said, which version of the Fast I/O board do you have? May be willing to swap/trade up from my now unused Taito JVS board.

I had compatibility issues with some Naomi and Namco games with mine
Yes its true, some very popular games (Capcom Vs SNK 2 for example) won't work with the Taito JVS IO.
This can be solved a few different ways...

Easiest way: Use a Sega JVS IO and the Sega-to-Taito harness adapter made by @Arthrimus .
Harder way: Pay @MetalliC to find/patch/release the hexedit/offset information to remove the binary's JVS lockouts ( @Derick2k and I did this, the JVS patched CvS2 floating around was funded by us :) ).

Attachments

• 20211022_104257.jpg
    20211022_104257.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 45
Yes its true, some very popular games (Capcom Vs SNK 2 for example) won't work with the Taito JVS IO.
This can be solved a few different ways...

Easiest way: Use a Sega JVS IO and the Sega-to-Taito harness adapter made by @Arthrimus .
Harder way: Pay @MetalliC to find/patch/release the hexedit/offset information to remove the binary's JVS lockouts ( @Derick2k and I did this, the JVS patched CvS2 floating around was funded by us :) ).
So am I maybe better off just getting one of the Sega JVS I/Os?

I do have this, but guessing this isn't usable for this application (only for jamma setups,) right?

Thanks for your patience with me, Jassin, and everyone!

Attachments

• 20211022_110521.jpg
    20211022_110521.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 33
So am I maybe better off just getting one of the Sega JVS I/Os?

I do have this, but guessing this isn't usable for this application (only for jamma setups,) right?

Thanks for your patience with me, Jassin, and everyone!
That's a JVS to JAMMA adapter. So goes the other way (JVS output from system to JAMMA cabinet). Think I have one of the SEGAs as well (837-15083) but none of the adapters or cables for it. I'd definitely be interested in trading for or buying the Fast I/O board you have if you don't want to hang on to it. I don't really have a use for it right now, but who knows what the future may bring.

Confirmed I have the SEGA, but again no cables or adapters so not tested it... got it with a Ringedge 2 system awhile back.
IMG_1036.jpg

Back