What's new

Seieienbu

Beginner
Reaction score
I'm trying to get Pengo on the Ge San Love Plus collection to work multiplayer on a RE2 multi. From what I've read, the game should support 4 players locally and 8 players via networking. In the <Input Test> menu, it shows only that 1p is connected. The other 3 inputs all just say - Not connected - Meanwhile, the <Game Assignments> menu doesn't really change anything for me.

I've tried using two different Sega 838 JVS IO boards and even attempted daisy chaining them together and still only have the controls for the first player. Both boards have worked fine everywhere else I've used them. On other RE2 games, either IO board allows me to play with 2 players without a hitch. I'd like to eventually try to get 8 player Pengo working but I feel like getting 4 or even 2 players is the obvious starting point.

Do I need a different IO board? Am I missing something blatantly obvious? Any other thoughts?

Perhaps there's a discord where people talk Sega arcade hardware? Anyone know of such a place?

Last edited:
I also noticed the problem: the multi version seems to be only one player.
Before the multi, I had a version of the game on an SSD (only one game on the SSD), that works well in 2 player.

Last edited:
Back