What's new

Mrhide

Enlightened
Reaction score
Hello,

My Sanwa has pincushion issues and the sega touring car championship schematics is good to have but a little hard to read :inpain:

1- is there a clearer version somewhere or is that the best we have?

2- The phase and amplitude pots are not changing anything when I play with them ... any hints on what to check or change in the pincushion circuitry? should I start with a cap kit and/or the pincushion transistor? (and which one is it?!)

thank you

Full caps kit.
Colors are real nice but No change on the pincushion issue. Transistors ordered. To be continued.

Last edited:
Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I have the exact same problem.

That being, I recapped this chassis, but still have bad pin cushion issues.

I found the schematics and so on, but frankly I don't know enough about what I'm doing to identify where the pin cushion circuit might be in order to identify any bad components that I should replace.

It sounds like you've opted to order all of the transistors? Please let me know how that goes, or if you ID'd the pincushion area of the pcb.

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I have the exact same problem.

That being, I recapped this chassis, but still have bad pin cushion issues.

I found the schematics and so on, but frankly I don't know enough about what I'm doing to identify where the pin cushion circuit might be in order to identify any bad components that I should replace.

It sounds like you've opted to order all of the transistors? Please let me know how that goes, or if you ID'd the pincushion area of the pcb.

I changed more stuff (that 8 pin amp) today with remote help from a friend but still no go. He’s coming over tuesday evening so we’ll see if we can figure it out. I’ll let you know what we find

87F98DF4-5867-48BC-BAC4-468FF9AA1BD4.jpeg

Working on this board: man this ain’t no nanao! Traces are craaap!!

Hi, I fixed this issue by replacing Q406, which I think is the HOT.

Part number 2SD2012. Got two right from eBay for 4$ plus shipping.

Beat of luck on your set!

Hi, I fixed this issue by replacing Q406, which I think is the HOT.

Part number 2SD2012. Got two right from eBay for 4$ plus shipping.

Beat of luck on your set!
I have the same problem here 😅🥲 can you explain a little bit more what do I have to change ? Thank you so much 😊

Back