What's new
I got it out! There are actually 2 small holes on the seat of the connector that I was able to stick a pin into to loosen up the connectors. I didn't really have to do much prying. Now I'm just waiting on the 3 remaining capacitors to get here to finish up the recapping. The recap kits were actually missing a couple of the larger capacitors. Then I'll have to fix the convergence with the new convergence tapes I bought. I've already thoroughly cleaned everything. Hopefully this project will be finished by the weekend.

Finally finished recapping everything. I put the power supply back in and it is working. I thought I broke it at first because nothing turned on! But then I realized I was an idiot and didn't turn it on from the switch in the control panel. Just need to try the monitor now. Hopefully I did everything right and it turns on. Then I can fix the convergence and put it back into the chassis.

I thought I broke it at first because nothing turned on! But then I realized I was an idiot and didn't turn it on from the switch in the control panel.
Been there done that :D Everytime I re-cap or fix anything I have the mental state that "it won't work, I broke it, I fucked something up" and when the picture shows it is always a huge PHEW, It's ALIVE! moment :D

Okay I finally tried to turn on the monitor and it did NOT turn on unfortunately. I believe I plugged all the cables back where they belong. I did not put the monitor back in the chassis but connected it outside because I want to fix the convergence issue with it. However, after powering up the arcade, the monitor did not come on. The game is functioning as I hear the sound from the game. Could there be anything I am doing wrong besides needing to go back to make sure all my soldering points are correct? I want to eliminate any other dumb possibilities before taking the PCB out and examining it.

Update: I went back to check all my soldering and cleaned some stuff up. I plugged everything back in and it did turn on. But only for about 5 minutes and all of the sudden shut off again. I didn't touch it or anything. It feels like a power issue or something. The fact that it did turn on and was working fine for 5 minutes tells me that the PCB is okay. I don't think it would work and all of the sudden stop working.

Last edited:
I still haven't been able to get it back on. I've going to through to recheck all the caps on the monitor motherboard. Should all the negative terminals of the capacitors be grounded? I found a lot of them were not grounded. Not sure if it's supposed to be like that or not but I thought the negative terminals of capacitors should be at ground.

Back