What's new

PASTBLASTER

Grand Master
Reaction score
For the longest time, I had longed for a Sega Lindbergh Universal cabinet. Being in Florida, I NEVER saw these on location or for sale, even at auction. Luckily, spreading the word to friends, @opt2not found a deal on 2 of these near him. I happily split the damage with him to secure these bad boys. Now the issue is, He is in California, I am about as far away from there as you can be in the U.S., so that meant shipping one across the country. Long Story short, there were delays, and issues with the shipping, but FINALLY, I got my Lindy.

PXL_20221110_142117562.jpg

This got delivered to me about an hour before Tropical Storm Nicole was to hit us, so we had to MOVE to get this thing home and inside before the rain hit us.

PXL_20221110_142206159.jpg

Once we were loaded onto the truck, it wasn't a far ride home, and luckily I was able to get this inside before the rain hit us. With MINUTES to spare.

PXL_20221110_144152536.jpg

C-3PO and R2-D2 making sure everything is okay with the machine.

And, after we peeled it, here is what we are starting with. A Sega Lindbergh Universal cabinet with a LOT of missing screws.

PXL_20221110_155024464.jpg

PXL_20221110_155015277.jpg

Now that the cab is home and peeled, we can begin the setup and inventory of what is missing and needed.

Stay Tuned.....

Once I started assembly, I could quickly see we were missing quite a bit of hardware. In addition, the main vanity plate had been hacked up pretty badly and covered with Duct tape.
PXL_20221110_162601911.jpg

Luckily, I had snagged an aime reader to fill this exact spot a while ago, so it was a simple swap to make this look MUCH nicer.
PXL_20221110_235446009.jpg

I then needed to move this into my office where it would live out the rest of it's days, but first we need to see what else is going on with the cab.
PXL_20221110_193106695.jpg

The Lindbergh is much shorter than the Vewlix / Chewlix. The angle of the monitor is a bit higher which is actually a bit more comfortable for me.
PXL_20221110_193118855.jpg

Now we can take out first look at the guts. The original PSU was missing (Have ordered a replacement) but the IO and all harnesses appear to be here.

PXL_20221110_233757698.jpg

The upper light panel is here and working! Sadly, the seller included the wrong Large Marquee, so my cab is missing that. What was included was for a Namco Noire. Anyone wanna trade Noire for Lindbergh?
PXL_20221110_162620978.jpg

Next up I'll do some testing to see what is working and what needs to be replaced. More to come...

They're usually missing because these cabs used to house Ring Edge 2 hardware. If you're using one, you don't need the separate PSU.
Yes sir. Got an RE2 in mine for now, it works great! The cab is now fully up and running, just a little slow on the posting.

Reactions: nem
Now that the cab was in the office, we could start working on the actual clean up and upgrades. I decided to start with the Control Panel. The cab came with an aime 1L6B panel with random Sanwa Parts. I had some Seimitsu buttons with the color scheme I was going for.
PXL_20221111_032159072.jpg

The inside of the Control Panel was actually in great shape with no hacked up harnesses! Cleaned up some dust / debris out of the area and it's looking pretty good! I also ordered a 2nd player Harness for an incoming 2L12B repro panel. Wire wrap makes me VERY happy.
PXL_20221111_032121761.jpg

First actual power on of the device, and I was greeted with this beautiful panel.

PXL_20221111_230214739.jpg

After fixing a fan error (Fan had a loose connection) I got the stock Monitor to power on and display an image, Boy oh Boy was this thing YELLOW!

PXL_20221112_023110371.jpg

I got this cab knowing the condition of the monitor, so this wasn't a big deal to me considering I was already planning on swapping out the monitor. Next step.....Remove the stock monitor.
PXL_20221112_033845227.jpg

The Lindbergh monitor is encased in this plastic shell that conceals the main mounting bracket for the LCD panel. after removing about 30 screws, I was able to get inside, and remove all of the old monitor components. Now, on to the new monitor.....
PXL_20221112_040850932.jpg

I decided to go with an LG 32" UltraGear QHD HDR10 Gaming Monitor 32GN63T-B - 165hz 1440p. You can see that the monitor fits easily inside of the shell, but it is WAY thinner than the stock monitor that was originally there. I used the 3D Printed Spacers located here on the forum to assist with this. Sadly, the model they were designed to work with is slightly different than this monitor. So I found the perfect fit by only using the top two spacers, and allowing the bottom of the monitor to fit in the stock frame.
PXL_20221112_052754579.jpg

The base of the LG monitor is held securely by the frame itself, and you can see the top two brackets holding the monitor secure. I was really surprised how well this worked! After putting everything back together...........We now have this.....
PXL_20221112_062133097.jpg

More coming soon.....

Last edited:
The Yellow controls do look pretty good. I’m going to try orange on mine, but yeah, the CP could use a touch of color.

Great job so far! Glad you’re enjoying the cab. I think it’s fantastic, I love mine. I think I like it better than a Vewlix. It’s nice that the CP is the same height as my other cabs. No need to buy higher stools for this. 👍

Now that the monitor was in and working, we could start playing around with everything else. I found some really cool files here for custom admin panels. Originally they came marked for "Blank" "24mm" or "30mm". I ultimately wanted to run a Neutrik and a 24mm button for friends who wanted to plug in sticks / hitboxes so I modified them to fit my needs.
PXL_20221112_230458018.jpg
PXL_20221113_013201563.jpg

I also went ahead and ran some Brooks Mounting plates for the boards inside of the Control Panel.

PXL_20221113_053536208.jpg

PXL_20221113_155447178.jpg

The final plates fit perfectly and allow more than enough room for the USB AB Cables to feed through. I have also wires the Admin aime Home button to function properly.

I then decided to cut some new wood panels for the inside of the cab. I will be cutting a few additional plates for different systems / platforms in the future.

PXL_20221113_203841157.jpg

PXL_20221113_204224949.jpg

The Ringedge 2 fits very nicely inside the cab. The Power Strip was temporary. Here is where we are for now....
PXL_20221113_173121411.jpg

More coming soon...

Nice work. Great to see another take on things reviving the front panel. Fellow 2 x Lindbergh owner here. Tell me, did you leave the glass out of the monitor swap. I have a monitor and those brackets ready to go for mine but really like the idea of keeping the glass in. I don’t recall if I’ve asked you this already but how are you powering the monitor? I’d really like to wire mine in to the machine so it comes on when I turn on the cabinet. Also, did you leave the monitor settings as standard because I’m guessing you can’t access the adjustment button/a?

Your restoration is tasteful and entertaining.

You made that monitor swap look so easy in particular.

I just realized the same guy as your YouTube channel. I watched your videos when I first got into this hobby a couple years ago.

I’ll be sure to subscribe to both now.

Nice work. Great to see another take on things reviving the front panel. Fellow 2 x Lindbergh owner here. Tell me, did you leave the glass out of the monitor swap. I have a monitor and those brackets ready to go for mine but really like the idea of keeping the glass in. I don’t recall if I’ve asked you this already but how are you powering the monitor? I’d really like to wire mine in to the machine so it comes on when I turn on the cabinet. Also, did you leave the monitor settings as standard because I’m guessing you can’t access the adjustment button/a?
Thanks man. I removed the Glass as this won't be in a commercial location, only at my house. The glass on mine was super hazy even after deep cleaning. I'm not sure if this was some sort of anti-glare tech from the mid 2000's or not.

As for power, right now I have a Power strip wired into the cab with the power cord running up to the monitor. Because this monitor has an external power brick, it would be a little more tricky to wire in directly.

There are still LOT's to do to this cab for it to be Finished. I am in the process of laying out plans to splice the power strip directly into the cab so flipping the switch powers on everything, just like it's supposed to.

Appreciate the kind words! More coming soon!

Whoops! Also, as of now, yes, you cannot access the monitor adjustments. This monitor's adjustment is on a separate small PCB with a "Joystick / Pushbutton". I'd like to find out which connector's they used and have an extension cable built or try to extend it myself so you can access it in the normal monitor adjust location. All within time!

While working on the previous updates, I went ahead and ordered the parts I needed to get this into modern times. This will remain wired for JVS, but also will be swappable for PC/PS4/5. To do this, I made swappable connections, much like I did on my Chewlix.
PXL_20221130_010503136.jpg

Swapping between the two is simply unplugging one, and plugging in the other. Luckily, there is plenty of room in the Lindbergh control panel area.

The next issue was I wanted a 2L12B panel, for locals when SF6 comes out. I worked with Raphael on some scans he needed and was sent this panel. It is REALLY nice. The clear on the top of this panel is incredibly done and the chrome accents really pop! Keeping with my theme of black and yellow, here is what I ended up with.
PXL_20221123_171104369.jpg

PXL_20221123_171104369.jpg

PXL_20221123_182956077.jpg

I was able to get the PC together, but decided shortly after to swap the case. I will be going with a cheap Micro ATX open air frame since this will essentially be living it's life inside of this cab. Specs for the PC are: Ryzen 5 5600, GTX 1080, 16gb Ram 500gb SSD. Nothing Crazy, but should get me what I am after in 1440p.
PXL_20221201_222921544.jpg

Next update once we get the PC swapped over to it's new case. I've been playing game on this a lot, and REALLY am loving the cab.

Swapped over the PC to an open M-ATX Case. This allows everything to be open, and in a much tighter area. The goal was to fit this into the already existing shelving I made.
PXL_20221211_214726207.jpg

This was a cheap Amazon case, and outside of taking an hour to assemble with shoddy instructions, it works well!

Specs are Ryzen 5 5600, GTX 1080, 16gb DDR4 Ram, and 500GB SSD. Nothing fancy, but more than enough power for what I need.

Here it is tucked into it's spot.
PXL_20221211_224617941.jpg

I am now working on some custom harnesses and tidying up all of the wiring. More to come soon!

is that the one that comes with the white gloves?

...and is that light permanent in there?

is that the one that comes with the white gloves?

...and is that light permanent in there?
LMAO yeah, it comes with white gloves. I didn't use them though.

These are "Puck Lights" that run on Coin cell batteries. You peel and stick them anywhere. I have them in all of my cabs.

The next issue was I wanted a 2L12B panel, for locals when SF6 comes out. I worked with Raphael on some scans he needed and was sent this panel. It is REALLY nice. The clear on the top of this panel is incredibly done and the chrome accents really pop! Keeping with my theme of black and yellow, here is what I ended up with.
Care to share those scans?

Back