What's new

Shinsengumi

Student
Reaction score
So bought this cab as part of a local deal and it's been giving me issues since day 1...

m3brhalted.jpg

Doing some research I see this discussed below, but is there not way to fix this w/o buying a new CPU board?
http://www.ukvac.com/forum/model-3-wont-boot_topic367197.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last year I bought a Daytona 2 full stack from Pennsylvania, and when I powered it on after placing the security chip, it would boot with this error every few cycles. I popped a Harley-Davidson ROM board in that partly worked but froze when scores displayed.
I had sent the CPU board out for repairs and it ended up being a leaking C200 supercap. Maybe I'd check for broken traces there and/or replace that supercap. I unfortunately don't have any good desoldering tools around so I am not able to be fully sure atm.

Hi,

I had a similar problem but on (Model 3 Step 1.5).
I was looking for a problem and found this fix (Link One Cable).
This is how I fixed two CPU Board Per Model 1.5.
Probably a very common problem when I certainly had it on two CPU Boards.

http://www.ukvac.com/forum/virtua-striker-2model-3repair_topic373177.html

Then I exchanged Supercap instead (5.5v 0.10F)
The button battery Ma after measurement (3V).

But it is (Step 1.5)

Daytona 2 is Step 2, so it may be another problem.

Did you measure the Gombik's battery?
Is it about 3V?
Test menu can you run?

Then I would try to desolder Supercap, wait for about 10 minutes, let the memory in Mode 3 be erased.
And then he mounted a new Supercap and inserted a good Gombik battery, which has about 3V.

It is a model 3 board(Step 2), so I have no experience with it. It is something completely different but a very common problem, it is just a bad supercap or damaged tracks around .

Last edited:
forget the supercap if it will run without it
it's only to hold settings while you change the battery anyway

forget the supercap if it will run without it
it's only to hold settings while you change the battery anyway
Do you know if Daytona 2 stacks actually run without the supercap? I have a Ski Champ stack that had a leaking supercap. Removed it, swapped coin cell battery and the IC21 and 22 chips display good with it removed.

I am converting a Virtua Striker 2 '99 ROM board to Emergency Call Ambulance with the official security chip and plan to temporarily use it on my Skichamp until I find another working step 2 stack to put it in.

Edit: Yeah... no go with Daytona 2. Black screen only. Guess I shall send this off to Ken if ECA doesn't boot in it.

Attachments

• 20230205_213259.jpg
    20230205_213259.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Back