Attachments

• IMG_20180818_203553_984.jpg
    IMG_20180818_203553_984.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 171

glstar

Professional
Reaction score
Received the multi.
For now i only have the Hot Rod system24, so no romboard.
I tried to Mount it but i only get lines on screen:
pxKedq2h.jpg

u7GlB4zh.jpg

wXZcK8uh.jpg

Jc9dw82h.jpg

Of course i only Mount the little board, since i don't have the romboard.

Plus it's normal that this board missing two pins?
yXOjuAuh.jpg

I Mount it the wrong way or the motherboard is dead?
That mobo starting and gave me rom error originally, but now nothing more…..

Something more i can do?

sk8er000

Professional
Reaction score
from your photos you have aligned the borard in the wrong way, if you look at the first post the pcb is insterted starting from the first pin on the right and not from the left (looking at the right socket).
I see you have 2 broken pins too and the original floppy cable for the system 24 does not have the inverted signals but is "straight" dont know if the one you used can work..

glstar

Professional
Reaction score
from your photos you have aligned the borard in the wrong way, if you look at the first post the pcb is insterted starting from the first pin on the right and not from the left (looking at the right socket).
I see you have 2 broken pins too and the original floppy cable for the system 24 does not have the inverted signals but is "straight" dont know if the one you used can work..
Thanks.
Yes i see that i have to align it from the right and not from the left.
Regarding the two pins missed, i received the kit that way, this is why i asked if it's normal.
I have to check regarding the floppy….

sk8er000

Professional
Reaction score
I don't know if mounting the board with the wrong alignment may have fried the eeprom since the vcc signals went on the wrong pins.
For the broken ones it's quite strange, mine arrived intatct since apocalypse used the foam and a lot of pluriball for packaging (on my c2 multi there was a broken pin that I resoldered and everything worked fine).
Since the broken pins are on the external side it shouldn't be too difficult to remove them and solder 2 new pins if you have soldering experience :)

glstar

Professional
Reaction score
I don't know if mounting the board with the wrong alignment may have fried the eeprom since the vcc signals went on the wrong pins.
For the broken ones it's quite strange, mine arrived intatct since apocalypse used the foam and a lot of pluriball for packaging (on my c2 multi there was a broken pin that I resoldered and everything worked fine).
Since the broken pins are on the external side it shouldn't be too difficult to remove them and solder 2 new pins if you have soldering experience :)
So it's not normal that those pins were detached?
Ok just as i thought….
Now i have to understand is the lines on the screen are because of the chip or if something wrong happened to the board too.

sk8er000

Professional
Reaction score
The pins must be all present, you can temporarily try to solder 2 wires going from the relative 2 pins of the socket on the bottom of the motherboard to the broken ones on the multi PCB and try again

glstar

Professional
Reaction score
The pins must be all present, you can temporarily try to solder 2 wires going from the relative 2 pins of the socket on the bottom of the motherboard to the broken ones on the multi PCB and try again
I'll try….
Even if i don't like this at all...

sk8er000

Professional
Reaction score
Of course that's only a suggestion for a temporarily try. If it works I suggest you to replace the pins

glstar

Professional
Reaction score
Of course that's only a suggestion for a temporarily try. If it works I suggest you to replace the pins
doing that fix the problem
now i got back rom error (the error i have with this board before i put the multi)
so was a board error, while i was think that it was the missing floppy the cause...
or maybe is the cable i use that is not good (it’s a pc floppy cable)

sk8er000

Professional
Reaction score
doing that fix the problemnow i got back rom error (the error i have with this board before i put the multi)
so was a board error, while i was think that it was the missing floppy the cause...
Probably you are using the wrong cable the attached photo shows the oroginal one I got with my floppy board.

Attachments

• IMG_20180823_230356_285.jpg
    IMG_20180823_230356_285.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 177

sk8er000

Professional
Reaction score
From your photo the floppy cable seems upside down (can't see for sure) have you compared it with the photo of the gotek on the first post?

glstar

Professional
Reaction score
doing that fix the problemnow i got back rom error (the error i have with this board before i put the multi)so was a board error, while i was think that it was the missing floppy the cause...
Probably you are using the wrong cable the attached photo shows the oroginal one I got with my floppy board.
yes maybe you are right
shame that pc floppy disk cables are all inverted.
i have to see which way i can do to fix it
since i don’t want to wait for my floppy and cables to arrive from japan

Apocalypse

Staff member
Legendary
Reaction score
Sorry for the late answer.
The 2 missing pins is absolutely not normal, I've used a thick layer of foam to protect them, then 4 or 5 layer of bubble wrap then 4 or 5 layers of packing paper...
How could it have happened with all these...

Anyway if you're board threw a ROM error before then maybe it's faulty.

Where did you get your flat floppy cable? All the cables I've seen on System 24 were pure parallel, no twisted pairs.
Seems wrong to me, otherwise it looks correctly oriented.