What's new
Figured it out yall! Thanks for assistance Trol.

The amp was in mute. All I had to do was bridge Pin 1 PCB GND to Pin 2 Mute on the 6Pin JST connector and now I have clear sound.

I attached the schematics I found in the web by Marc Deslauriers. My question, can I leave it like that or do I need to replace the 2 transistors that are in the circuit? Until now this didnt have any negative effects.

Attachments

• sega-839-0035-amp (1).pdf
    72.4 KB · Views: 48
How far did you get with the board repair? I still have the same problem on my original board!

How far did you get with the board repair? I still have the same problem on my original board!
Added to the backlog for later. I need a new desoldering station. Removing ics with the manual vacuum pump isn't really getting me anywhere. I am scared to destroy traces. I will report once I got a new one. 👍

Arh, OK, cool! Please keep us updated on what you find, when it gets a bit warmer i'll have another go at my original board......

I have repaired my Thunder Blade PCB (out of my Deluxe sit-in) in 2022.
Back then I had a RAM error and - if I remember correctly - someone said that the Afterburner test ROM is not 100% compatible with TB although the hardware is the same.
I must note again - IF I remember correctly - because I had so many SEGA repairs for friends at the time that I could confuse over this.
However: just try the "built-in" diagnostics of the Thunder Blade PCB and compare if the same ICs are reported bad, in my case this was sufficient.
Another question from my side: does the game start and if it does what a re the errors, maybe you could present a screenshot.
all the best!

I have repaired my Thunder Blade PCB (out of my Deluxe sit-in) in 2022.
Back then I had a RAM error and - if I remember correctly - someone said that the Afterburner test ROM is not 100% compatible with TB although the hardware is the same.
I must note again - IF I remember correctly - because I had so many SEGA repairs for friends at the time that I could confuse over this.
However: just try the "built-in" diagnostics of the Thunder Blade PCB and compare if the same ICs are reported bad, in my case this was sufficient.
Another question from my side: does the game start and if it does what a re the errors, maybe you could present a screenshot.
all the best!
The problem is that the board didn't start without the Afterburner Test roms. I'll buy a desoldering iron soon and will give it another shot. Thanks for your input! Don't hesitate to add more :)

The problem is that the board didn't start without the Afterburner Test roms. I'll buy a desoldering iron soon and will give it another shot. Thanks for your input! Don't hesitate to add more :)
Maybe I can help out in some way. I have the same Board out from my deluxe sit-in Thunderblade I disassembled and can check the ICs behaviour and the like. Just let me know.

Back