What's new

BuddyC

Champion
Reaction score
Anybody got a PDF of the service manual for Rhythm Tengoku?

Fingers crossed!

what information are you looking for? I don't have one but did some research to install a custom panel on my Naomi Universal Cab.

Basically everything. What kind of monitor + chassis was used. How is the lights and big marquee hooked up etc etc. Appreciate any info you have.

the base cab is a Naomi Universal. Monitor is a 31khz Sanwa or Nanao in these cabs. There is some info here: https://www.gamoover.net/Forums/index.php?topic=33379.240
The lights on the control panel, marquee (top/bottom) and speaker (left/right) are driven by output signals on the type 3 i/o board. The speaker lights are RGB, so there is a signal for each color on the output pins of the i/o..

you can find the pinout for the lights towards the end of this thread: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/rhythm-tengoku-panel.4231

Thanks for the great info! Much appreciated!

I have never seen a Sanwa in any Japanese Naomi cab. I've only ever seen them in export ones. My guess it's a MS2934.

Will find out later today when I start working on it.

Rhythm Tengoku had to wait since these gorgeous beasts needed some TLC first. Will post pictures when I start to work on RT
C9C2AE7B-F1C9-447F-9922-997F44F0849D.jpeg
DC619BC1-4CCD-4C2F-8C58-E43E2427C8B9.jpeg

Dead jealous of that 4-player SR2. Is that the same one that was in HEY STHLM? I think they had a RT at one point too...

Don’t know if it was at HEY STHLM before, but has been a Tilt in Oslo the last 4 years. Fine tunned and calibrated the monitors so it’s in excellent shape when Tilt can open again due to a loooooong lockdown here in Oslo
I am also going to work on arcade royalty soon....

We are restoring a Turbo Outrun DLX :D

Last edited:
I have never seen a Sanwa in any Japanese Naomi cab. I've only ever seen them in export ones. My guess it's a MS2934.
I am fairly certain my RT has a Sanwa monitor in it. the remote board is identical to the PFX remote board, but I would dare say that it's likely the VGA only variant of the PFX. I'll verify that as well when I can.

I think it's also worth noting that the RT cab is actually a mid-sized cab: taller than a normal Net-City sit-down, and shorter than a normal Net-City Upright.

the touch-screen games were also this mid-height. But RT also has a unique color scheme with yellow plastics upper and a black base

Generally the major difference between a NAOMI Universal, a Net-City, and a New Net City is the monitor. (NAOMI Universal having a 31K only curved screen, Net City having a Tri-Sync Curved screen, and New Net City having a Tri-Sync Flat Screen). So if this has a different monitor than any of those it would be even more difficult to classify.

My Lupin, which was originally a TotD too, isn't as high as my European Naomi Unis.

What's the height from the floor to the bottom of the CP on your cab? I get 705mm to where the lock is. In comparison, Euro Cosmic Smash is 870mm.

So there's a fourth cab size??

EDIT: Rhythm Tengoku looks as tall as my Lupin in pics.

Last edited:
oh that's interesting. I'll have to measure mine. I do have the Lupin manual, and I think I have the TOTD manual as well, maybe they have the official measurements in there.

I wouldn't put it past the Euro NAOMI Universal being somehow taller, everything else about that cab is weird.

out of curiosity does your Lupin cab identify itself as a NAOMI universal or Net City Upright on the stickers?

Naomi Universal Cabinet is on the emblem on the bezel.

Back