What's new

promking

Student
Reaction score
I bought a so called working silent dragon PCB from eBay.
It boots for a second then resets.
How and what should I look for first?
I have Audio for a second while it boots.

Attachments

• IMG_8060.jpeg
    IMG_8060.jpeg
    171.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_8058.jpeg
    IMG_8058.jpeg
    207.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8061.png
    IMG_8061.png
    482 KB · Views: 24
The resetting means that the Watchdog circuit is likely triggering somehow. Under normal circumstances, this happens when the CPU crashes. Try the following:
1) Measure the 5V rail on the JAMMA harness and make sure the board is receiving 5.0V . If so, try increasing it slightly up to 5.05V or 5.10V .
2) Try removing any socketed ROM chips. Blast out the sockets with compressed air and then reinstall the chips.
3) If you have an EPROM programmer, dump the CPU ROM chips and compare them against MAME. The CPU ROM chips should be labeled:
east-12-1.ic32
east-15-1.ic10
east-11.ic31
east-09.ic9

The resetting means that the Watchdog circuit is likely triggering somehow. Under normal circumstances, this happens when the CPU crashes. Try the following:
1) Measure the 5V rail on the JAMMA harness and make sure the board is receiving 5.0V . If so, try increasing it slightly up to 5.05V or 5.10V .
2) Try removing any socketed ROM chips. Blast out the sockets with compressed air and then reinstall the chips.
3) If you have an EPROM programmer, dump the CPU ROM chips and compare them against MAME. The CPU ROM chips should be labeled:
east-12-1.ic32
east-15-1.ic10
east-11.ic31
east-09.ic9
Working now and booting! Cleaned and reset all chips!
But weird issue now is controller one port. Direction works and just the C button.
On player two all buttons are working perfect!

Disregard.
Maybe some of the alcohol I used to clean the board wasn’t dry?
I played through the entire game on 2nd player.
Now first player all buttons are working lmao.
Thanks for everything guys

Back