What's new

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
With the newly released CPS-3 ULTRASIMMS and SYSTEM 18 Multis, I anticipate there will be a need to have a solid group of trusted people in the community, in all parts of the world, willing to write the 6 x SIMMS / Multi Modules for other users (basically you'll need a ProMan programmer, adapters, experience, and spare time on your hands).

The ProMan programmer itself isn't the cheapest, and some users may consider it a wasted purchase for a quick one off flash. On the flip-side however, IMO it is a worthwhile investment as there will be future use for this programmer with more Multi’s using it (Namco System 1, SEGA System 18, etc.).

I think we need to setup a repository of people who can help end users with this. I propose a set fee of $25 USD / 20 EURO / 20 GBP / $35 AUD + return postage for this service. People are free to charge what they want, or do it for free, but I think this price point is fair and would help offset the investment in the adapters, programmer and also your time.

As to NOT to condone any piracy or any illegal activity, this must be known as simply a service to write "whatever files you want" to SIMMS/Memory Module, thus the end user will 100% need to provide THEIR OWN download link (not one from emuparadise, archive.org, etc.) for the files they wish to be written.

Just like buyicnow, hobbyroms, and such other sites, we’re only aiming to provide a service. You are paying only for a service to write your files to your SIMMS / Memory Modules.

Users who provide this service, should also be able to validate and verify their work before sending back.

This service can also extend to other existing and future multis; Namco System 1, System 18, etc.

Please let me know if you are down to help out and what area of the world you are in and I'll add you to the list below.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Can you give me a link for this programmer? I still don't know how this will work.

what's the actual chip/device-profile and adapter? I'm curious if it's only TL86_PLUS / ProMan or if one of my other programmers would do it.

Last edited:
what's the actual chip/device-profile and adapter? I'm curious if it's only TL86_PLUS / ProMan or if one of my other programmers would do it.
For one, the ProMan looks like this:

proman_tl86plus.jpg

The adapter I guess plugs right in to the pin headers.

Oh well I have that programmer. But what adapter is for the cps3 simms?

Custom adapter which the SIMMS fit into is included in the UltraSIMMs kit from Darksoft.

Last edited:
I'm interested in signing up as a programmer, but I don't have the equipment at the moment. It might be a while before this is in need though?

Added @mathewbeall — if anyone else is grabbing a programmer and wants to help others in their region, please speak up, with the release of the UltraSIMMs just around the corner, there’s going to be peeps after this service for sure.

Back