What's new
I now have the UltraSIMM adapters for my Proman. I forget if I mentioned it but I have the Standard SH2 cart. I successfully burned the SIMMs for Standard and tested it with my cart and then reburned SIMMs 1-2 for a Custom SH2 cart.

I think the Proman is supposed to have automatic driver detection in XP? I tried it in XP and Win7 and I had some kind of Linux Printer driver error install on 7? Either way I got it to work on both OSes.

I was thinking there may be a case in the future where someone buys a set of UltraSIMMs on the second hand market. Either knowingly or not, it might be already set up for the wrong SH2? So It's possible we may need to do the programming of just the 2 64 SIMMs for people? Or if someone wants their games on their SIMMs in a different order than the standard rollup pack? should burning just the 2 SIMMs for people be the same cost as the full set? $25 + return shipping. Doing a custom reorder could take quite a bit more work? Not sure on what it takes to format the UltraSIMM packs... But it's probably something that could be scripted or automated as well, so no big deal.

Am unsure how to reorder games, paging @Darksoft — also re: what to charge people to write their data to the SIMMS, it’s on you really and how much you value your time :) It’s not set in stone, just a suggested price that I thought is fair. I don’t provide this service myself, just manage the list of people who do.

Last edited:
Or if someone wants their games on their SIMMs in a different order than the standard rollup pack?
It's very simple. Take the file of each SIMM. Divide it in 8 parts equals each one in size and rearrange as you want. You have to do that for each Simm, of course.
So 8 games and 8 parts, that 64 chunks to reorder.

I wouldn't mind getting a programmer as one can never have enough :) is the link on the 1st page still good? if so it seem like the 2nd link is the one I want. Do I just need the programmer with 24 addon or will the programmer and just the red adapter do?

Just got my programmer in, I'm located in Canada (WestCoast). I'm just waiting for boarder to open up now so I can get the ultrasimm

Good timing! Was looking for someone to recommend, what state are you in?

That’s the wrong programmer you linked. You need the ProMan aka the TL86 Plus. It’s a small black unit with silver lettering: https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPBRraw

You only need the programmer to write the SIMMS. The other stuff included in those packages is only really useful if you have a use for it.

That’s the wrong programmer you linked. You need the ProMan aka the TL86 Plus. It’s a small black unit with silver lettering: https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPBRraw

You only need the programmer to write the SIMMS. The other stuff included in those packages is only really useful if you have a use for it.
Gah, I have the TL866ii Plus. It looks like it's the same unit from every other vector! :( Hopefully I can get it to work with the standard software when the Simm converter arrives.

Back