What's new
Aren't these different sized tubes? K7000 25" is 63cm. U4 has a 59cm tube.

You would think MVS-U4-25 would mean 25"

It does mean that, but it doesn't apply to you. The problem is that you have different sizing (I believe due to some class action lawsuit back in the day?). You guys measure the viewable screen while everyone else in the world (including Japan and Europe) measures the outside distance.

Yep, like almost all JP monitors, they're measured differently than US CRT monitors. Where Japan measured tube size, US measured viewable screen size. JP 29" arcade machines have US 27" monitors in them, JP 25 is 24, etc.

The only sensible way to measure tubes is in cm and can be found on the sticker on the tube. Avoids confusion.

Thanks for all the info and kinda what I feared. Toei was stock and what I have but my chassis is currently toast so was hoping for some options.

Thanks for all the info and kinda what I feared. Toei was stock and what I have but my chassis is currently toast so was hoping for some options.
Best option is to repair the chassis. They're not often unrepairable. What's going on with it?

Worst case, on occasion they pop up for sale. Far more often than their Hitachi counterparts anyway.

Best option is to repair the chassis. They're not often unrepairable. What's going on with it?

Worst case, on occasion they pop up for sale. Far more often than their Hitachi counterparts anyway.
Actually picked up a spare Toei chassis from JP but wasn’t working. Both are with Sharp to try and sort it out. They have had them for a good bit but haven’t had any luck but are still trying. I think on one the flyback was cooked.

Actually picked up a spare Toei chassis from JP but wasn’t working. Both are with Sharp to try and sort it out. They have had them for a good bit but haven’t had any luck but are still trying. I think on one the flyback was cooked.
Hopefully a transplant of that from the non-working one will work out!

Yeah tube tested out good with the rejuv so excited to power things up. Maybe the generic Chinese chassis :)

Back