What's new
Mark your items as sold
Status
Not open for further replies.

Derick2k

Immortal
Reaction score
Selling my last boxed CPS3 Kit, so this is for me wont have any more CPS3 stuff to sell.

Asking $1200, OBO, Trade + shipping
SOLD Offer of $1,125 shipped accepted

CPS3 New Gen Boxed Kit
Revision 3 MB
Full Set of Simms ready to play 3rd Strike
Original CD in Case
Manuals
Artwork
Drive w/Mounting Brackets, Cables, Screws
Metal Cage
SuperBios Flashed Cart
SCSI2SD w/SD Card

Will post pics of it running when I get a moment.

Attachments

• IMG_1755_771x600.JPG
    IMG_1755_771x600.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1758_755x600.JPG
    IMG_1758_755x600.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1756_779x600.JPG
    IMG_1756_779x600.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1757_800x494.JPG
    IMG_1757_800x494.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1760_618x600.JPG
    IMG_1760_618x600.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1759_635x600.JPG
    IMG_1759_635x600.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1763_800x533.JPG
    IMG_1763_800x533.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1764_755x600.JPG
    IMG_1764_755x600.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1761_533x600.JPG
    IMG_1761_533x600.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
This has been on my chest for a awhile but I'm sorry, I have to let it out. What's up with the $1200 price tag?

I purchased a full darksoft cps3 kit, mobo with all sims and sd card adapter for $485 two years ago on the neo-geo.com forums. I sold it after a few months for the same price.

Okay, this one comes with a box but why is this selling for so high? I seen a full third strike kit sell on YAJ for $425 a few months ago.

Between $500-700 maybe for a full ds kit but $1200? Sorry, this is a rip off.

Please break down the price on how you came up with $1200? I understand you want to make so money on top of what you paid for it but why the 50% mark up?

People on FB keep telling me how they paid $800 dollars on a ds cps3 kit and I keep telling them they got ripped off. $800 dollars to play 3rd strike. Lol

Last edited:
I think it's because it's harder to come by a CPS3. Especially if it has a full kit. There wasn't much to begin with and the ones that are out there are either dead or owned by someone that isn't willing to let it go. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I'm thinking it is.

Cps3 has gone up in price over the last two years. Plain and simple. Possibly due to 30th anniversary collection and a rising interest in the 3rd strike scene

if I didn’t just buy a cps3 I would of honestly bought it for that price

There’s another one on eBay is people want to pay the extra for box and full kit...

eBay link

Here's a new generation kit that just sold for $230. https://zenmarket.jp/auction.aspx?itemCode=d437962207

How much extra is the super bios, extra simms, sd card adapter and ribbon cable?

I was just curious to why they are selling so high. I think most here who have been in this hobby for awhile know that Ebay prices are silly.

Kit sold. Good for you D2k.

Last edited:
Reactions: nio
That Kit in Japan you listed -230+ship (for a local in Japan, add more to proxy and import) didn’t boot.

“Comment Although the
product
was cleaned, it may be damaged or dirty due to its use.
The harness is damaged.
I tried startup confirmation, but could not confirm startup.
Since the operation has not been confirmed, we will list it as the current item.”

This kit here, scsi2sd, all sims, boxes, metal case, etc sold clean working by a trusted member of the community in the USA - 1125 shipped to someone in the USA.

justified delta imo

good comparison might be from Tops? Trusted source in Japan, so you’d pay a similar “I know this board is gonna work and be shipped right” premium -79200y. https://www.tops-game.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=3646

course... plus sims, box, superbios etc

Last edited:
Here's a new generation kit that just sold for $230. https://zenmarket.jp/auction.aspx?itemCode=d437962207

How much extra is the super bios, extra simms, sd card adapter and ribbon cable?

I was just curious to why they are selling so high. I think most here who have been in this hobby for awhile know that Ebay prices are silly.

Kit sold. Good for you D2k.
Bro, now you're coming off as being a bit salty on this?!

Forums rules clearly state no price policing period. I dont go into other peoples sales threads to ask why they are asking for what they are asking, or why something sells for what it sells. Something is worth whatever someone is willing to pay/trade for it. Am I pressuring anyone to buy it? So if you have something to say on the prices of things open a thread or go on youtube and rant about it.

This is what I was asking for it because thats what I wanted period.

I know you lost money when you sold your FCs Derick and giving free stuff to the community but no one complained that you were loosing money. Nothing pissed me off more than people telling me what price to sell my shit or how to spend my money.

if had the extra cash to purchase, I would have purchased it because it was Derrick. I would also purchase from other members that are active and given a lot to the forum.

if a price seems high, move along and wait for a deal to present itself.

tbh, if I can KIND OF play devils advocate here, I can appreciate the certain message that's trying to be conveyed: "Why aren't CPS3s cheaper"- but it's just the wrong place to bring it up/discuss it. There was quite literally a price check thread that popped up maybe a week or so ago where this would have been more appropriate to talk about. The actual QUESTION isn't horrible or off the mark per-say, since the system definitely falls into a really weird grey area in pricing, but just the place and method in which it was brought up that isn't so great.

I /wish/ CPS3s grew on trees- I'd be swimming in them right now since 3S is one of my favorite games...but, they don't. This also isn't a home depot where showing a sold listing means that someone has to price match. I could post my DS multi up here tomorrow asking for 2500 if I really wanted to, but obviously no one is obligated to pay that price. On top of that, derick listed as OBO. Anyone was more than welcome to lowball any number they'd like, too...Just doesn't mean that they're guaranteed a response lol.

Forums rules clearly state no price policing period. I dont go into other peoples sales threads to ask why they are asking for what they are asking, or why something sells for what it sells. Something is worth whatever someone is willing to pay/trade for it.
This sums up my opinion on the matter.

@Razo consider this your warning, no price policing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back