What's new
Mark your items as sold

ItsACerealWow

Student
Reaction score
UPDATE: No longer available! I checked the timestamp of all posts and PMs and have reached out to the first person who responded. Glad to give these a good home!

Hello AP crew,

In my quest for a working Neo Geo MVS over the past year, I received two bad boards (sold as good/working) off eBay before finally receiving a working board. Thankfully, I was able to get my money back for both- the first seller was very understanding, said keep it and gave me a refund, the second seller tried to say I was scamming him and opened an eBay claim; thankfully I won- I sent it back but he wrote "Refused- Return to Sender" so I wound up with a second nonworking board as well.

I have no soldering experience nor the skills to diagnose what's wrong, but I've always been against throwing away nonworking vintage gaming parts as there's always someone out there who may have a use for it. So I'm giving them away for free, though I would ask the recipient to pay for shipping.

I prefer to ship Priority for reliability, speed and tracking, so expect roughly $9 on an individual board and $15 on shipping both boards in one box. If you take both, I'll include a Super N in 1 (120 in 1) Neo Geo multicart that was included in the sale of the first board (tested on my supergun and working). To make life easy, I'm limiting shipping to within the continental US.

I want to stress that these are nonworking boards. The first board (MV-1FZ) does display a garbled image, so there may be hope for it. The second board (MV-1C) seemed to short out power to my entire supergun setup (!) so use/repair at your own risk.

Here are some quick and dirty photos of the units:
Fb8r6KK.jpg

5K5lFCk.jpg

Za9FagU.jpg

QdpMFy1.jpg

VNvTZRX.jpg

I hope someone in the AP community can give these boards new life or at least use them for spare parts. Preserving original hardware can be a pain, and I know Neo Geo MVS boards are generally cheap and plentiful, but if you think you have a use for these, please let me know! :thumbup:

Last edited:
So $15 for both boards and the multi cart? Uh, yes please! It will also give me something to practice my recapping some more, as I'm still a bit sloppy on getting the old ones off!

PM sent.

I used to buy up old broken Neo Geo MVS's they are good practice and the Neo Dev wiki has a TON of specific info on the chips, depending how far you want to take it.

Hopefully XtraSmiley gets good practice with them. If not I wouldnt mind grabbing them my self haha

Well, he hasn't replied yet, but if I do get them and am able to fix them (or not), I'll play it forward and send them to the next member. I think it will be a fun practice project for me and then I can let someone else have fun!

Both boards are up and running again! Giveaway thread inbound.

Repair Log:
MV1FZ - Wouldn't boot with or without a cartridge inserted. Flexing the board revealed that it does boot, but only when pressure is applied to the LSPC2-A2. Reflowed LSPC2-A2 now it boots to BIOS and boots cartridges. Next problem was no audio just buzzing and static. Cleaned and adjusted volume pot, audio is back, but the pot still has a deadzone even after cleaning with DeOxit. I'm going to swap the pot later this evening and with that, this board should be 100%

MV1C - Main fuse was blown. Checked for shorts on the 5v rail. No problems found so I replaced the fuse and tested. It fired right up and boots to BIOS and cartridges. The Jamma edge is cracked on both sides, which makes it possible to insert it into a JAMMA harness with 5v shorted to GND, which is probably how the fuse was blown originally. This board is probably a good candidate for consolization due to this problem, otherwise great care needs to be taken when plugging this board in.

I already have enough Neo-Geo boards so I'm going to give both of them away. I'll create a thread for it later tonight.

Last edited:
Awesome and quick work.

Now let us know if you are giving about the multi cart... :P

Thanks I did both of them on my lunch break this afternoon.

The multicart is going to stay with me as a thank you from the future owners of the repaired boards ;)
Sounds fair!

I'm sure whoever gets these will enjoy! Thanks for paying it forward (both of you!).

Back