What's new
Mark your items as sold

cg.

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey guys, long time lurker here.

Edit: Sorry for all the confusion. I misunderstood the rules. I apologize for all the confusion. I have added an asking price to the listing.

These monitors on average go for roughly $2,000 usd on Ebay these days and I payed roughly $500 total to get this monitor serviced. So I'd be looking to sell this monitor around the ballpark of $2,500. Or, I'd also be willing to trade for a candy cabinet(s) in that price range as well. I could also throw in an Extron Crosspoint 16 x 16 matrix switcher, some BVM accessories, and RGB console cables that I no longer need as part of a deal.

Here is some important information about the monitor.

I picked up a Sony BVM 20F1U a while back and got it fully restored not too long ago.

I gave this monitor an extensive cleaning back in August. I also got the four main boards of this monitor professionally recapped by an ex-Sony CRT technician, Savon Pat. The monitor works flawlessly and the screen is in great condition. The screen has no screen burn, scratches, or any noticeable damage to it. The accompanying BKM-10r remote controller also has been cleaned and works perfectly fine. I should note that the built in timer for this monitor says that it has over 58,000 hours of use on it but the amount of actual use this monitor has is lower but, for lengthy technical details this isn't reflected. I can explain more in private if someone who is interested would like more details.

Cosmetically, the monitor is in good shape too. The bezel has a few light scratches from age but there are no significant scratches or chips in it. The monitor was spray painted black before I obtained it and the paint is chipping a little bit in some areas. Additionally, there is a little patch on top of the monitor where the paint has been completely chipped away. I do not think it needs a new coat of paint as the patchy spot on top of the monitor could be covered by the remote but it could use a nee coat to take the monitor up a notch cosmetically.

Essentially, I planned to have this monitor for a very long time but some very recent dire personal life details have forced me to reconsider this. However, I still sought out to completely restore this monitor and future proof it with the resources available to me and with what is out there.

I have attached some general photos to this post but I can provide more thorough ones privately.

Cheers.

View attachment 43214

View attachment 43213

View attachment 43212

View attachment 43211

Last edited:
Seems very private.
Apparently?

I still haven't been told a price. Just asked if I'm interested... Which doesn't make any sense since I already asked about the price, so they know I'm interested...

@Mitsurugi-w this is a FS (For Sale) thread... Per the rules, sales threads require a purchase price (even after the item is sold). :huh:
IC (Interest Check) threads are the easy solution/work around (this isn't one of those). :whistling:
I still haven't been told a price.
I'm not "poising" this thread, but it has all the signs of a "shakedown" (and he even mentioned trading for a candy cab, I'm assuming he is saying this BVM is of equal value to one).

Last edited by a moderator:
OP where are you located? It’s risky to ship a monitor like this - I assume you’d want the buyer to pick it up from you directly.

@Mitsurugi-w this is a FS (For Sale) thread... Per the rules, sales threads require a purchase price (even after the item is sold). :huh:
IC (Interest Check) threads are the easy solution/work around (this isn't one of those). :whistling:
I still haven't been told a price.
I'm not "poising" this thread, but it has all the signs of a "shakedown" (and he even mentioned trading for a candy cab, I'm assuming he is saying this BVM is of equal value to one).
Hi, just properly logged back in since uploading my listing. It was an honest mistake which I have tried to correct by editing my original post to contain a price. Sorry for the confusion.

If what you will be happy with is $2500-3000 commit to that, no one here is gonna judge you for asking what you want for something, it yours to offer for sale/trade for whatever you want. Hopefully you find a buyer, or you may have to adjust your price or take it off the market, easy as that.

I myself sometimes dont know what to ask for pricewise on something, so I tell people people to make me a fair offer, most often than not I accept if the offer is within reason/fair.

Remember, something is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it in the end.

GLWS/Trade

Last edited:
If what you will be happy with is $2500-3000 commit to that, no one here is gonna judge you for asking what you want for something, it yours to offer for sale/trade for whatever you want. Hopefully you find a buyer, or you may have to adjust your price or take it off the market, easy as that.

I myself sometimes dont know what to ask for pricewise on something, so I tell people people to make me a fair offer, most often than not I accept if the offer is within reason/fair.

Remember, something is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it in the end.

GLWS/Trade
Thank you. I really appreciate it.

OP where are you located? It’s risky to ship a monitor like this - I assume you’d want the buyer to pick it up from you directly.
Looks like Toronto probably?
Please view this ad:

FS: Sony PVM/BVM 20F1U Cleaned and Recapped,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-general-ele...ampaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
https://tinyurl.com/9x9f4jd
Yes, you are correct, that is my local listing for this monitor.

I'd be looking to sell this monitor around the ballpark of $2,500. Or, I'd also be willing to trade for a candy cabinet(s) in that price range as well.
I planned to have this monitor for a very long time but some very recent dire personal life details have forced me to reconsider this.
I am unclear on how a trade for a candy cab might solve your dire circumstances. Makes me wonder if I can get my doctor to prescribe me another Taito Egret 2 so I can show the note to my wife!

Dealing with eBay and PayPal is a pain because they eat into your selling price but that might be where you will get the most for your BVM..those things are all over the place price wise and it is hard to gage the tree value even by looking at past sold history. if you ask people anywhere, they might tell you, it cost X amount..then you go like..if you have one, I will buy it for that X amount..then they usually reply with a bull shit answer..like, I don’t have one for sale but if I did bla bla bla..I see that all the time at the CRTs Reddit. Sell it on eBay, save your money and be ready to buy a candy cab once you see one for sale:)..best of luck.

I'd be looking to sell this monitor around the ballpark of $2,500. Or, I'd also be willing to trade for a candy cabinet(s) in that price range as well.
I planned to have this monitor for a very long time but some very recent dire personal life details have forced me to reconsider this.
I am unclear on how a trade for a candy cab might solve your dire circumstances. Makes me wonder if I can get my doctor to prescribe me another Taito Egret 2 so I can show the note to my wife!
Dr. SNK-NEO-GEO can write you that Egret 2 prescription, no problem :thumbsup:

Dealing with eBay and PayPal is a pain because they eat into your selling price but that might be where you will get the most for your BVM..those things are all over the place price wise and it is hard to gage the tree value even by looking at past sold history. if you ask people anywhere, they might tell you, it cost X amount..then you go like..if you have one, I will buy it for that X amount..then they usually reply with a bull shit answer..like, I don’t have one for sale but if I did bla bla bla..I see that all the time at the CRTs Reddit. Sell it on eBay, save your money and be ready to buy a candy cab once you see one for sale:)..best of luck.
I agree that it would definitely be easiest to sell this monitor on eBay however, shipping these monitors is very risky... especially without a flight case. If it comes down to it, I'll see if I can get a custom flight case made and then put it on eBay. Thanks for the feedback. By the way, do you have a BVM D32? Could've sworn I saw you post about it on the Shmups forum a while back.

List it as local pick up only.. I would not ship it because it will arrive DOA.

I sold the D32 a while back..a person a few states away picked it up..

@asra looks like I undercharged you about $2000 for the one you bought from me last year :P

Back