What's new
Mark your items as sold

benime

Grand Master
Reaction score
Cabs sold for asking price, original listing below.

Pictures available here

Asking $2000 for each cab, price is firm. I'm willing to ship if buyer arranges everything. You're responsible for shipping fee, insurance, and working with your chosen carrier if there's shipping damage. It will be a residential pickup and liftgate required, please don't ask me to take it to a terminal.

I'm running out of space in my basement and need to clear some things out. Selling a couple of clean, Vewlix cabs. These are not restored, but have been cleaned out pretty thoroughly and come with Sega JVS I/O and an adapter to connect to existing Vewlix wiring so it's unmodified, making it simple to swap out to a Fast I/O if you prefer.

Both cabs are keyed for LY1153 locks, but keys are NOT included. Coinboxes are keyed differently and do include keys.

The L AMI cab has had one of the leg levelers broken off; I will include it on the offchance you wanna try your hand at repairing.

Please see the specs below--what's written below are the ONLY ITEMS INCLUDED WITH THE CABS.

SOLD to @Chipsteroni
Vewlix C (I paid $1700, but let's say current market value is $1200 plus shipping):

Hadouken Arcade monitor bracket - $220 (assuming you can get one)
LG 32GK650-F QHD monitor - $275
Brand new, original Vewlix 2L14B control panel with Vewlix F overlay (I like it better than the C overlay) - $250
Control panel wired for 2P - $32
2 x Seimitsu LS-32 with shaft extenders, heaver springs, and ball tops - $60, but feel free to shop around
16 x Sanwa buttons (2 x start, 14 x players) - $40, but feel free to shop around
Sega JVS I/O 837-14572 - $60
Arthrimus JVS I/O wiring converter PCB (allows you to use a Sega JVS I/O with stock Vewlix wiring) - $75
Marquee lighting - Included
Move strip lighting - Included
--------
Subtotal: $2212
Hours spent cleaning, wiring, installing parts and troubleshooting: If I had to put a value on it, $300
Total: $2512

SOLD locally (Facebook)
Vewlix L AMI (I paid $1500, but let's say current market value is $1000 plus shipping):

Hadouken Arcade monitor bracket with corner brackets - $250 (assuming you can get one)
LG 32GK650-F QHD monitor - $275
Brand new, original Vewlix 2L14B control panel with Vewlix Diamond Blue overlay (I like it better than the L overlay) - $250
Control panel wired for 2P - $32
2 x Seimitsu LS-32 with shaft extenders, heaver springs, and bat tops - $60, but feel free to shop around
16 x Sanwa buttons (2 x start, 14 x players) - $60, but feel free to shop around
Sega JVS I/O 837-14572 - $60
Arthrimus JVS I/O wiring converter PCB (allows you to use a Sega JVS I/O with stock Vewlix wiring) - $75
Marquee lighting - Included
Move strip lighting - Included
--------
Subtotal: $2062
Hours spent cleaning, wiring, installing parts and troubleshooting: If I had to put a value on it, $300
Total: $2362

Last edited:
Bump, will start a new thread to sell all of the other parts, separately.

I went ahead and updated this post since I've gotten a couple of lowball offers.

If you think you can buy a beater Vewlix and get it into this shape for less, more power to you, but you're mistaken and bound to be pretty disappointed in the end when you spend more than this lol.

I lost big money on all my Vewlix’s when I sold them..Things are what they are on those cabs, I kind of made the money back on CRTs cabs and PCBs.. people don’t care that you lost money on the cabs but when you price something that is a bit higher or at “normal market value”, that’s a difference story, try to make the difference on other things like PCBs etc if you can..it worked for me.

Not a bad price at all with the upgrades/work done. :thumbup:

Cross list on other sites/FB market, etc...if you havent.

It's definitely a good price for what they are/mods included; however I've found that when you start modifying things you're also narrowing the field of the kind of person who wants to buy it.

Has brand new Semitsu sticks and buttons, great, but if a buyer prefers Sanwa then that's not just extra $ they're spending on the cab but an additional expense after purchase to buy the stuff they want to swap in... you can say the same about the control panel, or the IO board, or the monitor, or any other modification.

Noobs who don't know are often scared off thinking "I don't know what half of this means" and for all they know it's crappy equipment that's worse than factory.

This is a great value to the RIGHT buyer who both understands the benefit of these modifications and actually prefers the cab modified in this specific way. Unfortunatly the pool of those specific buyers is much smaller than the pool of Vewlix buyers in general.

Thanks all, and I totally get it, which is why I'm going to sell all those other previously listed parts separately, but I don't have others to swap in to knock down the cost.

And mostly I just wanted to be transparent about what this all cost and why this is my price, and to head off any other $1500 offers.

2K is a steal for these machines Jesus!
People don't understand how much time/effort/money is involved in all these modifications.
I can't believe I need to wish you luck with the sale... Any longtime arcade guys will realize what a deal they are getting.

2K is a steal for these machines Jesus!
People don't understand how much time/effort/money is involved in all these modifications.
I can't believe I need to wish you luck with the sale... Any longtime arcade guys will realize what a deal they are getting.
Totally, The C with the mods at that price for me is a crazy good price. I would have expected it a bit higher over the L, just cause Im not a fan of the color scheme on the L :D

L-AMI is like pre-Diamond tho... Its so strange, like a highbread between the classic line (F/L/FC & Diamond White/Black/Orange).
I'll give ya it could have better colors, but its a snapshot of Taito cab evolution (I might be bias, I own these two exact cabs and love them).

As someone else who's done basically all of these mods as well, agreed this is a great deal. If somebody out there really wants a Vewlix but has a strict low budget in mind, please reconsider said budget! You'll be doing yourself a favor. With the time you save, run a lemonade stand or something.

Back