What's new
Mark your items as sold

andynumbers

Professional
Reaction score
Update: Monitor sold to a local.

For sale is an extremely rare variant of a Nanao MS8. This is a "25 inch" (A59 tube size) version of the MS8. They are more commonly found in a "26 inch" version in Sega cabs. This monitor is the same size as late model Makvisions sold as "24.8 inch". This monitor can be found in some older SNK candy cabs. It will NOT fit Aero City, Daytona, or anything that fits the more common MS8-26.

It is unknown what game cabinet this monitor came out of. I got it many years ago from a retired arcade tech that was using it as a test bench monitor. It was mounted to a flimsy piece of wood.

The good:
Zero burn. I mean absolutely none at all.
Bright, beautiful image.
Monitor has been recapped with high quality Panasonic capacitors.

The bad:
Since the monitor came with no frame, it has been placed on a Wells Gardner frame and the chassis is held in place with zip ties. It will be up to the buyer to figure out if the monitor needs a different frame.
The neckboard has been cracked. It has been repaired.
There are some very faint, hairline scratches on the tube face. You probably won't even notice them so I shouldn't even bother mentioning it, but I want to disclose all the facts.

Please ignore the "washed out" looking colors in the photos. That is my camera. The colors are extremely vibrant and absolutely perfect in person.

Asking price: $500. You'll probably never see another one of these (at least in this condition) ever again.
NO SHIPPING. Local pickup only. Located in the metro Atlanta area.

Possible trades: Naomi 2, G-net PCB, Darksoft STV, F3 or CPS2.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg