What's new
Reaction score
Help for solution,

OutRun 2 SP DX as image attached have motion that controlled by AC Servo Driver Panasonic MLDET2510P.

It displays Actuator Initialize Error, and the AC Servo Driver Led indicator blinking, i've try to repair it and replace it with the new one. But the new one not included the AC Servo program. Any solution to fix this? maybe bypassing the error it doesn't matter if the motion don't work as long as it can enter the game demo.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT :

My Problem Solved, I've got to repair My AC Servo Driver.
So Much Thanks to @M4rIo ( Mario ) for helping and telling me how to fix it.

and thanks to all who have replied to this thread. Thanks for ArcadeProject Forum

Attachments

• 1648463239649.png
    1648463239649.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 184
  • 1648463443556.png
    1648463443556.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 175
  • out run.jpg
    out run.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
I believe if you change the cabinet type from SDX to DX, it will work without the motion.

I believe if you change the cabinet type from SDX to DX, it will work without the motion.
Thanks doozer, for your reply

I've tried changing the cabinet type but still having the same problem. does it require special methods or did i do missing step

I think the DX is the 2 car version, and SDX is 4 car. They both have motion, so I don't think this would help.

Unforunately I don't beleive there is a way to bypass this error on a legitimate vanilla outrun installation.

There is a patched version of the test mode that unlocks 2 more cabinet type options: Standard, drive board required but no motion board and Uplight (sic) which requires no drive board or motion board.

In terms of options, one way to do it would be boot the lindbergh multi version of outrun, change the cabinet type to standard and then put back the original game HDD. This would save into the eeprom the setting that would bypass the actuator init, and as long as you didn't visit the game test mode 'game options' page it would stay like that as far as I know.

Alternatively we could attempt to patch the test mode on your installation to unlock these other options.

Help for solution,

OutRun 2 SP DX as image attached have motion that controlled by AC Servo Driver Panasonic MLDET2510P.

It displays Actuator Initialize Error, and the AC Servo Driver Led indicator blinking, i've try to repair it and replace it with the new one. But the new one not included the AC Servo program. Any solution to fix this? maybe bypassing the error it doesn't matter if the motion don't work as long as it can enter the game demo.

Thanks in advance.

Sir! yes it does matter !! you need to fix the motion, which is the attraction of this game! :)

What do you mean by "the new one not included the AC Servo program" ? is it not the same part?

I think the DX is the 2 car version, and SDX is 4 car. They both have motion, so I don't think this would help.

Unforunately I don't beleive there is a way to bypass this error on a legitimate vanilla outrun installation.

There is a patched version of the test mode that unlocks 2 more cabinet type options: Standard, drive board required but no motion board and Uplight (sic) which requires no drive board or motion board.

In terms of options, one way to do it would be boot the lindbergh multi version of outrun, change the cabinet type to standard and then put back the original game HDD. This would save into the eeprom the setting that would bypass the actuator init, and as long as you didn't visit the game test mode 'game options' page it would stay like that as far as I know.

Alternatively we could attempt to patch the test mode on your installation to unlock these other options.
Thanks for the reply sir,

Yes I've just read the manual and know the difference SDX and DX and what Cabinet Type settings used for.

Yeah i think so too, no option to bypassing it but i'll try the way to using multi version. maybe i'll contact you to help with patching the test mode.

Sir! yes it does matter !! you need to fix the motion, which is the attraction of this game! :)

What do you mean by "the new one not included the AC Servo program" ? is it not the same part?
Agreed, the main attraction on this one is the motion but i don't have any experience in repairing the AC Servo Driver ( the Panasonic MLDET2510P )

i mean, recently we've buy the new part. it's the same part Panasonic MLDET2510P, but it's not working since it's just the hardware without pre installed program or settings to work with OutRun 2.

Last edited:
this is the problem, the Panasonic must be programmed with the correct parameters, I have reprogrammed many of them, I could help you to do it, but you should send me the servo driver board in Italy… where are you?
Or if you have the possibility to program it independently, I can pass you the configuration file.

this is the problem, the Panasonic must be programmed with the correct parameters, I have reprogrammed many of them, I could help you to do it, but you should send me the servo driver board in Italy… where are you?
Or if you have the possibility to program it independently, I can pass you the configuration file.
wow, yeah that's the problem i never programmed it i don't know what tools needed. I'm from Indonesia maybe Italy it's too far. hope you will help or instructing me to begin with programming or copying the parameters. i'll PM you soon. thank you M4rlo

Hi @multiretroproject
To program these actuators you must (preferably) have a PC with Windows XP 32bit, a serial port or a USB-RS232 adapter, the software you need is called "Panaterm", lastly you need a specific cable to connect the actuator to the PC, for this I can provide you the diagram, for the software at the moment I cannot help you, because I am out of office, I do technical assistance in the arcade sector so now I am away for a few days ... if you have some patience I will be able to give you all the assistance you need to reprogram your actuators 👍

Hi @multiretroproject
To program these actuators you must (preferably) have a PC with Windows XP 32bit, a serial port or a USB-RS232 adapter, the software you need is called "Panaterm", lastly you need a specific cable to connect the actuator to the PC, for this I can provide you the diagram, for the software at the moment I cannot help you, because I am out of office, I do technical assistance in the arcade sector so now I am away for a few days ... if you have some patience I will be able to give you all the assistance you need to reprogram your actuators 👍
Thank you so much @M4rIo for your help i'm able to fix the Actuator and my Machine Outrun can run again

What's your progress on this?

One of our cars just displayed this error today and we need to figure out how to fix it or if it's gonna go back to a 3 car game.

What's your progress on this?

One of our cars just displayed this error today and we need to figure out how to fix it or if it's gonna go back to a 3 car game.
Sorry for late reply, I managed to fix the AC Servo Driver with the help of @M4rIo

OK so this is our current status. My car moves thru the test and homes, then pauses for a few minutes, then displays this. Unlike your error, there is no specific Servo mentioned.
IMG_20220807_122012.jpg

IMG_20220807_123015.jpg

IMG_20220807_123052.jpg

It bounces back and forth . Assuming this is the issue.

The CR2032 on the actuator board was bad, so I replaced it. Now I have new problems.
IMG_20220807_131015.jpg

The error that keeps giving. Game runs fine now, but this is just in the screen. Who knows?
IMG_20220808_105142.jpg

Back