What's new

Kujako

Grand Master
Reaction score
So after finding that the K91X1202A doesn't fit in my system (I assume that the mounting plates changed in later model Vewlix's) I managed to scrounge a K91X1204B. Pulled out the JVS board I'm not using (I have things wired to go to DB15 and then through a DB15 to JVS adapter. Easy to swap over to the IO board by switching the JST connectors) and installed the Fast IO board. However, I have a couple of things I wanted to double check before I plug it all in.

1. As with the JVS board, I assume I just need P1 for power?
2. The actual Fast I/O cable, is it just twisted pair RJ45 like Cat6?
3. I assume that the ribbon cable connector is the same, despite being rotated the other way around.
4. Any dip switch settings I should know about (or just what are the stock dip settings)?

IMG_1186.jpg

Thanks,

Anyone? Want to test this setup this weekend, but not 100% sure about the cable from the IO board to the Type X3.

I don’t know what the dips do, but my sw4 are on rest are off. Yes to the rest.

@thomas3184 wired everything up, but I can't get it to work with my only Fast I/O system....

Only system I have that has Fast I/O is a Type X3 multi. When I first got it, I had problems getting it switched over to JVS. Now I've gone in and selected the Fast I/O option, but after rebooting it doesn't respond to input. Not sure if it's the system, or the IO board. Lots of blinking LEDs on the IO board and the input on the Type X3. But none of them mean anything to me...

IMG_1196.jpg

@thomas3184 wired everything up, but I can't get it to work with my only Fast I/O system....

Only system I have that has Fast I/O is a Type X3 multi. When I first got it, I had problems getting it switched over to JVS. Now I've gone in and selected the Fast I/O option, but after rebooting it doesn't respond to input. Not sure if it's the system, or the IO board. Lots of blinking LEDs on the IO board and the input on the Type X3. But none of them mean anything to me...

IMG_1196.jpg

That’s getting beyond my level of expertise. Only reason it didn’t work for me was because I forgot to plug the ethernet into my x3 after cleaning and replacing hardware.

That’s getting beyond my level of expertise. Only reason it didn’t work for me was because I forgot to plug the ethernet into my x3 after cleaning and replacing hardware.
No worries, think I'll try to compose my questions into a more organized post.

Back