What's new

erzane

Professional
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Id like to know something about the inside of your New Astro.
- Can you open the front door and take a good picture of the bottom area of your back shell? Id like to see how far the overspray covers it (please add a comment if you have repainted it or not).
- Also, can you tell me if your Bezel is : 1. fully varnished ; 2. mate ; 3. oversprayed on the inside? Mine was so dirty that I had to completely sand it off and I have no idea about how does looks like a lucky one preserved in good condition since '94...
- Regarding the two small doors : the cashbox door and the coin door looks like oversprayed inside. Can you confirm this?
Thanks for your help!!

Attachments

• IMG_20211218_133502_095 - Copie.jpg
    IMG_20211218_133502_095 - Copie.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCN9007 - Copie.JPG
    DSCN9007 - Copie.JPG
    844.3 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN8955 - Copie.JPG
    DSCN8955 - Copie.JPG
    460.6 KB · Views: 82
  • Porte cash box - Copie.JPG
    Porte cash box - Copie.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Have you checked the Astro and New Astro restoration threads already? There are many. I think you will find a lot of the information you’re looking for on this site and others by searching. The interior of the cabinets have some white paint overspray. I suggest not sanding off any of the black stuff that covers the fiberglass. Just leave it as is.

These do not fill my needs, that's why Id need custom pictures. If you check my picture number 1 you can see that I already cleaned and sanded the interior of the backshell (the others pics are older but the primary work is finished yet). My question is about ''how far'' will goes the overspray at this precise area of the bottom of the backshell. Thank you.

Last edited:
There is some white paint overspray on these cabinets on the inside, mostly on the front half. There should be several pictures already in the restoration threads that show this. Soap or degreaser and water is all you should use to clean the inside. The black part is a resin or maybe gel coat that covers the fiberglass and shouldn't be sanded. This applies to the monitor bezel as well. Only the front of the bezel is painted. Yours looks normal in the picture. In your other photos I see rust or dirt on the doors and oxidation on the lock tangs.

Back