What's new

dionysus

Beginner
Reaction score
Anybody knows the specifications of the type X4 and the games that run on this platform?

yosai

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taito Type X4

Type X4 games (2016–)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taito_Type_X#Taito_Type_X4

suverman

Bulti Moyz
Grand Master
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Man I really REALLY want that Densha De Go! TTX4.

stj

Professional
Reaction score
magicians dead is amazing, but you need the original cab with the sensor setup in it!

corey

Professional
Reaction score
The sensor is a retail product and rest of the io is handled by Taito's new USB io board

ruanchaosi

Beginner
Reaction score
Taito Type X4

Can we change it to Street Fighter V: Type Arcade?

What devices do you need to start the game?

报错

CaptainSneeze

New User
Reaction score
magicians dead is amazing, but you need the original cab with the sensor setup in it!
It's just a retail Leap Motion controller connected via USB3 under the plastic shroud, requires no additional configuration. The left-hand controller is a USB nunchuck.

Reactions: stj

BLITZ009

Beginner
Reaction score
Round 1 arcades in the USA have the English version.

Looks cool...........but I wonder if Type X4 has high power consumption (?)

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score
does TTX4 have JVS Support or is it USB IO only?

USB Only.

There's 4 COM port headers on the motherboard, but afaik they didn't get used on any games. I could be wrong though. I have an X4 with the drivers installed for the IO, but it's really strange trying to extract them from the image. It's also running Windows 8, so it's possible the driver is only for windows 8, and that's why i couldn't make it run on Windows 10.

I'm sure I could make a TTX3 DMAC work in a X4 system.... easy JVS, or just use a RS485 usb dongle.

The motherboard is just an off the shelf part, with Taito's custom (poorly protected) bios.

p661052635.1.jpg

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
I'm mostly asking as I feel like these are much cheaper/more common than TTX2s these days and could make a good platform for emulation and running TTX2 games.

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score
I'm mostly asking as I feel like these are much cheaper/more common than TTX2s these days and could make a good platform for emulation and running TTX2 games.

TTX4? They aren't that cheap.

TTX3? Now those are very available and not too expensive. They are a beast for emulation and running other systems. It's amazing how good the hardware on these runs arcade systems. They also come with JVS and FASTIO support in every machine. Upgrade the video card and it gets even better! I don't really see any reason why you would buy a TTX2 over a TTX3 these days, the TTX3 hardware is just so much more powerful. Topic for another thread i guess.