What's new

GoldenGlover

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hoping someone can help me with a Strider CPS1 “issue”. So I read a long time ago that the US release of Strider has incorrect BGM on several stages, looping Stage 1’s music where other music should be. I have an original US CPS1 Strider board and would love to experience playing it with the “proper” BGM it was meant to have on certain stages.

Does anyone have experience doing this “fix”? If anyone would be able to burn me the relevant program and sound roms with the correct BGM on certain stages to replace on my board, I would gladly pay you what you asked for your time + cost of the replacement roms. Get at me!

you should probably post a foto of your rom board - as there are several versions that take different rom types.

Good idea. Here is a pic of my rom board.

Attachments

• A9192D02-AEBB-4496-8BA9-FC018F4859A2.jpeg
    A9192D02-AEBB-4496-8BA9-FC018F4859A2.jpeg
    360.8 KB · Views: 166
that's a nice board, 8bit and 16bit rom options.
i have a few boards and they arent that flexable :(

Cool to read about this. I hope the CPS1 multi has an option to play in English with correct sounds...

Capcom fixed the music issues in a later US build of the game, other than that the Stage 1 music plays over the end credits rather than the track labeled END in the test menu. Applying the fix to the original Strider board is just a matter of programming the appropriate EPROMs.

Interesting info all around guys!

What I find wild is that this is one of the games that MiSTer and MAME still don't 100% emulate correctly. Can't wait for that CPS1 multi!

I grew up playing a version *WITHOUT* Mr. Hiryu yelling when swinging his sword.

Now I can only play the Japanese version, there's something so very gratifying about that noise.

Bring on the CPS-1 multi. Bodies of the world are ready.

Back