What's new
How are your jumper shunts? Have you tried a different SD or confirmed the file structure is correct?
I copied and formatted the sd two times using the last roll up pack.
I set the jumpers in the same way i see in the mitsu video (two jumpers, one all left, one all right).
But this type of behaviour occurs also when i used the lcd selector.

What happens when you try different game positions?

Did you delete flash.img from SD after update

Did you delete flash.img from SD after update
flash.img has been deleted automatically after the first time update.

Here is my sd file structure
fQ79Jc5h.jpg

Pl82OB3h.jpg

Here is inside the game_01 folder
IZ8Oab3h.jpg

I think you need to disconnect all wires and just focus on getting the cart to work.

You said you reformatted your card but have you tried other cards? The smaller the better.

I think you need to disconnect all wires and just focus on getting the cart to work.

You said you reformatted your card but have you tried other cards? The smaller the better.
I disconnect everything, reflash two times the cart, use two other brand of 4gb microsd, but nothing.
It does the same.
I don't know if it's normal or not, but it seems that when he flash the board in the stv, at the end of the update process it blinked 3 times instead of the 2 you stated in the guide.
Don't know if this is normal or not.
In any case i don't know what else i can do about it.
Could be possible to sent it to you (or better darksoft since he is in EU)?

Looks like it's working properly but maybe your ST-V pcb is not.

Hey guys, I'm having problems with my STV cart and am stumped on what to try next.

It was working about a month ago, when I did a Radient Silvergun stream on my twitch channel. Then I put it back into it's box, and it sat on my shelf for just a short while.

I tried to play it this passed weekend, and I was getting a Cartridge Installation Error, and wasn't able to boot up anything. It would get to the spinning STV logo screen and continue to tell me the cart is installed incorrectly.
FB33D96B-07A0-462F-93DA-D364E6C57C3C.jpeg

I made sure my Game Assignments were set correctly, in this case I was trying to load up VF Remix which is a 2p game, so I put it on the 2p setting.
No change.

Then I thought maybe it's the motherboard, so I tried actual carts in it, 3 of them to be exact. All worked fine. I ALSO tried to put the Multi cart into spare STV mobo that I know works, and got the same Installation Error message and screen. So I know the cart is the issue.

Next I've tried multiple microSD cards, reformatting them multiple times. That changed something, now the cart doesn't give me an Installation Error, but now it goes to the System Checking screen briefly, then to a black screen and stays like that.

My bios is v1.11 and my Multicart is at v3.0C.

When doing a Ram Test the motherboard checks out all good, but the cart gives me Failed tests across the board.

A6F66DDB-C9F6-412C-959B-69EC3C36D8F0.jpeg

It looks to me that this multicart is faulty, but from what? It just spontaneously decided to stop working after sitting on the shelf? Maybe I wasn’t giving it too much attention and it felt jealous of the other boards. 😂

is there anything else I can try?
Help me Obiwan!

NVM I GOT IT WORKING

I tried one more microSD card that I have, and it worked! It's an old 4gb Kingston that seems to have done the trick. Everything seems to be working fine now.

Man, I went through 4 different microSD's to find this working one. or maybe it was the way it was being formatted... I don't know. It works, I'm happy. Carry on... ;)

I just received a multicart from highscoresaves on friday. I went to use it today for the first time and im getting “error on cartridge.” Im using the 8gb sd card that was provided with it and copied the roll-up found on this forum to the main directory of the card. In not sure of my bios revision, but the board works with the two retail cartridges i have. Is there something obvious that im missing?

How many games did you try? Did you read the instructions? You have to wait when you change a game until only one light comes up.
Did you install the reset cable, so it resets automatically after a game is changed? You can otherwise power cycle.
Have you tried going to service mode and change between 1P Mode and 2P Mode?

How many games did you try? Did you read the instructions? You have to wait when you change a game until only one light comes up.
Did you install the reset cable, so it resets automatically after a game is changed? You can otherwise power cycle.
Have you tried going to service mode and change between 1P Mode and 2P Mode?
I have tried five or six different game jumper settings. Upon powering up my HAS I see both lights come on briefly, but then the left LED turns off and leaves only the right LED lit. I don't have the reset cable. I tried service mode and switch through the different number of players. Also i did a memory reset. I also tried using an old 2gb sd card i had laying around and im still getting the same error. Also, I did read the instructions.

How long are both lights on? Can you show a picture of how your sd card is set up?

And when you change the game do you power cycle before changing the game?

How long are both lights on? Can you show a picture of how your sd card is set up?

Both lights are on for maybe a second or two.
And when you change the game do you power cycle before changing the game?
If by powercycle you mean that I change the jumpers with the power off, then turn on to allow it a chance to flash the memory and then turn off and on again, then yes. Is what ive described correct?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 8.41.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 8.41.17 AM.png
    400.2 KB · Views: 74
Back