What's new

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Here is what I have come up with so far:
I was thinking about this and realized that My favorite arcade "Wake up sound" was how the Tekken games say "Good Morning" when the power on (because the arcade operator turns the machines on in the morning so of course the machine will great you :) )

Tekken 3 was my favorite, I just bought a Tekken 3 board and I think I'm more excited about getting it in to hear the good morning sound again than I am about playing it :D

That'd be a good sound to include, I also wonder if there are any "Good Morning" clips from Sega characters that would work as well.

SmokeMonster

Champion
Reaction score
OK, I've added 7 of those Tekken "Good Mornings" and updated the link that I posted. I'm up for any suggestions. We might as well pack this with audio content before the next update :D

Update: I added 18 Sound Effects from Sonic 1 & 2, and three short clips of the Sega CD Boot Music (US Model 1, 2, and JP). I've updated and posted the archive. The link above still works.

Another Update: I discovered how to bulk convert files in Audacity, so I ran everything through it to ensure they're the correct format according to Darksoft's guidelines. Archive updated.

Last edited:

SmokeMonster

Champion
Reaction score
Beta 2 just went live. I found this spreadsheet by @'twistedsymphony' that made it easy to code an alternative LCD Selector list with all of the non-joystick games removed. The 19 games that I removed all use the mahjong controls or special cards that most of us don't have. I've also updated the main post with more details. There was a mistake in my last LCD code I've corrected (max number of games was off), and I've sent it along to @miisalo.

Thanks to everyone who is helping, and a huge thank-you to @Derick2kand @jassin000 who put together the drive (and pitched in significantly!) to buy me the STV Multicart! Thanks also to @'ekorz' and @'jepjepjep' for their contributions! :D

Here is a list of all of the Sound files included so far:
Sounds List2.png

Last edited:

sk8er000

Professional
Reaction score
hello,
I've just updated my flashcard with the ones in the beta-2 pack and then updated the arduino on the selector (the one with all the games)
I haven't tried all the games but I've noticed 2 bugs:
1) when I reach the game 14 (from both sides 13 or 15) when I push the button for the next game or the previous game it jumps always at the last game
2) if I choose Dynamite deka it flashes Golden axe the duel instead (if I select golden axe it starts the right game)

SmokeMonster

Champion
Reaction score
Thanks for the report. I know what both problems are and can fix them. I mistakenly used Golden Axe's dip for Dynamite Deka's entry.

The jumping around at game 14 must be related to the name length setting (since Game 14 has the longest name in the list), so I probably just need to extend that limit a little.

Could you please test these two fixed files:
View attachment All Games List.zip
View attachment Joystick Controls Only.zip

Last edited:

sk8er000

Professional
Reaction score
Thanks for the report. I know what both problems are and can fix them. I mistakenly used Golden Axe's dip for Dynamite Deka's entry.

The jumping around at game 14 must be related to the name length setting (since Game 14 has the longest name in the list), so I probably just need to extend that limit a little.

Could you please test these two fixed files:
View attachment All Games List.zip
View attachment Joystick Controls Only.zip
I'll try them and give you a feedback as soon as possible (I think tomorrow at worst), thank you for your efforts!
I've tried the beta-2 "joystick only" file after my previous post and I noticed that with that file the bug at game 14 is not present :)

sk8er000

Professional
Reaction score
the 2 bugs are fixed now! I'll try to flash some other games but everything is working!

Thank you for the fix!

Coyo5050

Professional
Reaction score
OK I must be a dummy. I extracted the files to my SD card, file structure exactly like from the archive. I flashed the LCD Selector with the 3.0C and when the LCD comes on it shows I flashed 3.0C. Connected 5v, GND and the ribbon cable but when I choose a game nothing happens. I turn it off and back on nothing ever programs. It just plays the last game I selected with the dip switched. I know the multicart does work since I went back and selected different games with the dip switches. I feel like I have to be missing something obvious here.

Morden

Student
Reaction score
43Critter Crushercritcrsh1101011P
53ChoroQ1101011PV1
It looks like one of these DIP settings is wrong. Looking at the game selector v3 file, Critter Crusher should be 101011. But wasn't 110101 the DIP setting for Critter, which would make Choro Q wrong?

Darksoft

Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
I think you configured the jumpers in the wrong direction. Start from the right side. Both numbers that you wrote are the same but reversed.

Morden

Student
Reaction score
I think you configured the jumpers in the wrong direction. Start from the right side. Both numbers that you wrote are the same but reversed.
I was checking my DIP settings with the list, and that's when I've noticed that in SmokeMonster's table on first page of this thread, both Choro Q and Critter Crusher have the same setting of 110101. When I took a look inside the LCD game selector file, I saw this:

{ "Choro Q ", B110101 },
{ "Critter Crusher ", B101011 },

All I meant was that there's an error in the table, giving the same DIP setting for two different games.

synbiosfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad Morden posted here. I realized I needed to update my sd. I can now appreciate how bad FFR is.
:P

Urabutbl

Student
Reaction score
Just set mine up, everything works beautifully - thank you! Very nice to just have the playable games in the list, too.

Oh, don't have the new firmware on the multicard, so I swapped end.wav with a file of the I.T. Crowd saying "have you tried turning it off and then on again?" ;p