What's new
For Sale

Cereth

Enlightened
Reaction score
Finally letting go of my stockpile of Super Famicom Boxes. I’ve had these for a few years, tested some, I think a lot/most have PSS-62 (New 3D Golf, Super Mahjong 2) as the second cart, but I can follow-up with anyone interested as I go through and test everything. I’ll TRY to make accommodation for cart preference while I’m able.

Condition, they all have scratches, and most/all have at least a little something chipped off the front plate. I have not tested any of the controllers. No case or service keys, though iirc it should be the same key as the Famicom Box.

I was meaning to pull out and test/box/label all these in one batch, but will try to get some more photos as I go through them, if not sending individual photos per unit for people.

Asking $500 shipped in the US, Venmo/Zelle/wire. NO PayPal.

Attachments

• IMG_1393.jpeg
    IMG_1393.jpeg
    212.1 KB · Views: 184
I didn't even know these even were a thing. I thought SNK was the only ones who had a Hotel rental unit. These are a nice piece of history.

GLWTS

each box can only hold 2 carts, and 1 of them is the bios cart. so the only other thing u can put in there is 1 cart, and only 4 carts were ever made.

They have one of these at Super Potato as one of their display only items. It's very cool looking in person and would definitely make a good conversation piece to any game room :thumbsup:

I think a lot/most have PSS-62 (New 3D Golf, Super Mahjong 2) as the second cart

Would you sell the carts separately at all?

And end up with a brick? No thanks
Huh? The first cart is the PSS-61 which has three games, so if you sold off the second cart, which you claim most of them have, you'd still have a hotel unit with three working games.

I would also be interested in just purchasing a second cart.

I guess let us know if you change your mind. I'd buy more than one if you had the other carts, especially either of the Donkey Kong ones.

Look man, I'm not down to lower the value and appeal of one of the Super Famicom Boxes by removing one, IRREPLACEABLE cart, so that someone can have extra carts. It's near the equivalent of asking someone to buy a part off someone else's complete cab to make their own cab slightly better. It's super selfish. There's already more than 16 people that want to buy one, I'm just going to sell them to people who don't want a leg up at someone else's expense.

Look man, I'm not down to lower the value and appeal of one of the Super Famicom Boxes by removing one, IRREPLACEABLE cart, so that someone can have extra carts. It's near the equivalent of asking someone to buy a part off someone else's complete cab to make their own cab slightly better. It's super selfish. There's already more than 16 people that want to buy one, I'm just going to sell them to people who don't want a leg up at someone else's expense.
That's fine and valid, I was pointing out that it wouldn't brick the console. If you have 16 people wanting to buy them great, you could have just said that.

I'm not sure it's selfish if someone is selling a console with multiple games and you ask to buy just some of the games, but whatever. GLWS!

Last edited:
It is selfish. It’s asking to sell a cart that you can’t buy loose anywhere else, permanently leaving someone with a lesser product. You also ASSUMED which carts Monstermug wanted to buy, thus supporting that the systems wouldn’t be “bricked”, and using that to argue that I am wrong, when in fact it is subjective to which carts were taken out. If you’ve ever sold anything, you should know that something like removing the second cart from these would make them 10x harder to sell, that’s “bricked” to me. Sorry, I simply do not stand to let people walk over others for their own gain at the expense of others, nor do I take pleasure in people arguing semantics with me. It’s a waste of time. I’m not splitting carts, period. The literal only people it benefits is whoever gets the cart, at the expense of everyone else involved.

Here’s roughly what I’ll send out for each unit before selling them. I’m probably going to document the entire stack before I reach back out to people to allocate specific units to them and collect payment.

Attachments

• IMG_1428.jpeg
    IMG_1428.jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1429.jpeg
    IMG_1429.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1430.jpeg
    IMG_1430.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1431.jpeg
    IMG_1431.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 57
Also I know you don’t really mean any harm, I just deal with people who want the world handed to them every single day. A lot of my compassion was beat out of me for a long time already, I’m sorry I’m abrasive.

Also I know you don’t really mean any harm, I just deal with people who want the world handed to them every single day. A lot of my compassion was beat out of me for a long time already, I’m sorry I’m abrasive.

Look, it's your stuff you can sell it however you want. People sell the hotel units with games, without games, and game carts separately, there are some FC ones on eBay right now in all of those configs. The SFC ones are much more rare as I've only been able to get 2 carts myself (and no key!!!), but I was just asking the question. You want to keep it all together, no problem! I think your asking price is very good, especially shipped as they are heavy AF.

Like I said, GLWS and no worries on not selling some carts separately, I get it!

Last edited:
Next update, talking to someone to get reproduction keys for every unit I send out. 2 case keys, one service key iirc. I’ll also be recording a video for the YouTube channel to wrap it all up.

I’m starting to note who’s getting what and confirming interest. When I know they’re 100% claimed, I’ll post to note the fact. There’s a short waitlist already so I’m sure there won’t be any loose after.

Thank you everyone so far for the interest! I really just wanted to get these out to people who will properly enjoy them!

Back