What's new

phokkun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
G'day lads, recently snagged a motherboard and it came with a Gals Panic cart. I'm getting absolutely no sound on this at all. Not from the JAMMA edge or from the 4pin stereo connector. It was sold as a working board so something must've happened in transit or we've got a problem between my keyboard and chair.

I've attached some pics of the board, with a close up of the sound section just incase anyone can spot something I might not have. I've zoomed in on some scratches across certain traces and whatnot, I did test continuity between some of the rougher looking ones I came across and it came up good.

I've tested the board in two different cabs with the same results, any movement of the volume pot does nothing but I've tried powering on with the pot in the lowest position then slowly turning it up. I do feel the heatsink getting warm so somethings running at the very least. Not really sure where to go from here so I thought I'd look for some kind of guidance on what I can check.

I forgot what my 12v was measuring at but I got somewhere around 11.5v, and my 5v was sitting at a cool 4.99v and 5.06v between the cabs I tested this on. For what it's worth I don't have a logic probe... yet.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Top.jpeg
    Top.jpeg
    354.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Underside.jpeg
    Underside.jpeg
    331.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Underside audio section.jpeg
    Underside audio section.jpeg
    286.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Underside scratches.jpeg