IMG_6249.jpg

Franco23444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it is.
Dark Ressurection dongle Ver. A + disc B = Ver. B1

IMG_3874.jpg
IMG_6249.jpg
That’s extremely interesting, I was talking with someone else about this when they saw my tekken 5.1 video. They also have tekken 5.1 but they don’t have all the characters and the title screen doesn’t have Heihachi Mishima’s face. Just to make sure it wasn’t a disc thing, I burned my copy and sent it to him, he burned the ISO and he still got the same result. His version is TE53 ver.A. Mine is TE52 Ver.A but it has a red dot beside it. I have seen this red dot before on one of my tekken 4 dongles which was a ver. A, but the menu says it’s Ver. B2. That theater version time crisis 3 dongle also has the red dot beside it. Interesting. 🤔

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
TE53 = USA Region
TE52 = World Region

I wonder if the differences are due to region or due to something else with the Red Dot.

Franco23444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TE53 = USA Region
TE52 = World Region

I wonder if the differences are due to region or due to something else with the Red Dot.
I was actually wondering if anybody else has a red dot on their dongles? My tekken 4 and 5 are world versions with the red dot, but my time crisis 3 is a USA version with the red dot. I’m thinking it’s a revision indicator rather than a regional thing.

Darksoft

Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
I think that @defor told me that the red dot means that it went back to Namco for an update, so probably the dongle was updated at some point and the version that is actually inside is newer than what the label says....but I prefer if he or someone with better knowledge confirms.

defor

Professional
Reaction score
yep- lots of red dots- also sometimes pencil mark checkmarks, pen scribbles over version numbers
in my collecting i've had a 100% correlation (I have no GUARANTEE) between the red dot and an dongle with upgraded contents.
it logically makes sense since MOST dongles didnt get a new label (I've seen new labels only on a few games, and inconsistently)

Franco23444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yep- lots of red dots- also sometimes pencil mark checkmarks, pen scribbles over version numbers
in my collecting i've had a 100% correlation (I have no GUARANTEE) between the red dot and an dongle with upgraded contents.
it logically makes sense since MOST dongles didnt get a new label (I've seen new labels only on a few games, and inconsistently)
that’s pretty awesome! Every day I learn something new about these systems, you guys are awesome!!!!

defor

Professional
Reaction score
I burned my copy and sent it to him, he burned the ISO and he still got the same result.
It'd be interesting to see what version the service menu on his shows when booted off the black TE51 DVD0 (NOT B) disc, as this will be the "dongle version".
My bet is that it might be an A19 or similar.

Franco23444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It'd be interesting to see what version the service menu on his shows when booted off the black TE51 DVD0 (NOT B) disc, as this will be the "dongle version".
My bet is that it might be an A19 or similar.
I tried that already with the regular tekken 5.0 disc, my game didn’t boot. It just said good morning and got stuck at a black screen.

defor

Professional
Reaction score
wierd.....
would have to have a dump of the dongle to find out what it is (if you facilitate, I can do some digging into it)

PM sent

defor

Professional
Reaction score
Also I'm just going to point out my pet peeve with Namco calling Tekken 5 ver. B* "Tekken 5.1".. it makes zero sense- we didn't have a Tekken 4.4 or Soul Calibur 2.4 for example!
:cursing:

sammargh

Professional
Reaction score
The important part with DR is to make sure you match the dongle to your cards. The JP and world (TED1 vs TED2) have differing ciphers and as a result the cards won't work. I ended up crafting my own TED2 binary for the dongle myself which has been working well.

defor

Professional
Reaction score
The important part with DR is to make sure you match the dongle to your cards. The JP and world (TED1 vs TED2) have differing ciphers and as a result the cards won't work. I ended up crafting my own TED2 binary for the dongle myself which has been working well.
You mean the IC cards right?
Can you share what you've changed and/or where the cipher is stored- I've been trying to sort this out as i have a ton of spare cards.

sammargh

Professional
Reaction score
You mean the IC cards right?
Can you share what you've changed and/or where the cipher is stored- I've been trying to sort this out as i have a ton of spare cards.
no, you just have to match the dongle to the card type so TED2 are for World cards and TED1 go to Japan cards.. you'll know if the dongle matches because it won't reject the card in the test menu

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
What happened to this? I would like to play Technic Beat but I don't see it for sale on Tops any longer or in the rollup pack
It's not in mame. And that tops link is over 2 years old now.

So it won't be in the roll up pack until someone dumps and releases it.

psychicdrive

Student
Reaction score
It's not in mame. And that tops link is over 2 years old now.

So it won't be in the roll up pack until someone dumps and releases it.
darn, so whoever bought it didn't share? let me know if you see one again and I'll put some money up for it or send you some if you want the real thing in your collection